Photos taken with the S7/S7 Edge

skinneejay

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Great information Pizzahhhhh. I would love it if maybe you created your own post with some of your other settings you use and what type of photos you are getting. I am always trying to find a good set up for pro mode or how to better my pro mode photos.

mikepas

Oct 12, 2009
Visit site
Taken with no edits and the default camera app.

Attachments

• 1466733359548.jpg
    1466733359548.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 35
  • 1466733369348.jpg
    1466733369348.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 32
  • 1466733408978.jpg
    1466733408978.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 32

pizzahhhhhh

Jun 21, 2016
Visit site
Great information Pizzahhhhh. I would love it if maybe you created your own post with some of your other settings you use and what type of photos you are getting. I am always trying to find a good set up for pro mode or how to better my pro mode photos.

I'm glad the info was of use! I've ended up keeping the sliders where they are even for daylight usage.

The only other settings I'd recommend for more control would be using the raw mode for cleaner editing. I've not delved into that yet as I've only had the phone for a few days now, & switched from years of non-raw iOS, but will be looking into those options later today/this weekend. It'll be awesome if the Lightroom mobile app supports the raw files as that's what I use (the computer version) for all my sports work.

The shutter speed/iso/wb/af/ev/metering/af modes are all too variable to pick just one & leave it. I don't know if the WB will ever leave auto as the phone seems pretty accurate (once you modify the sliders to compensate for the overly warm tones), AF auto is fine since you have tap to focus for "manual AF".. unless it's super dark but I've yet to try focusing in dark environments.

Of course, some may prefer other settings or to leave the sliders as they come. I prefer/want/need as true to life as possible due to journalism ethics. Usually need to do minor edits after to correct exposure/highlights/shadows/contrast/sharpness, but unsure until I try the raw mode.

If you're shooting family/portraits/food/music/pets, etc, your sliders/filters will very well vary as you have more options to get creative, but if you want a clean realistic slate, the sliders are your best friend. There may be other camera apps that are more accurate with more functions, but I prefer the stock app & will keep my fingers crossed the double-click home button option will allow pro-mode someday (maybe there's an app to modify it without root.......)

However, I'd still usually use VSCO with a small amount of the K3 filter (love the Kodachrome tone) plus those same edits (exposure, etc.) in Instagram - but this version would not be used for news purposes. An earlier version of the photo would, as it had already gone through Photo Mechanic & Lightroom (no IG/VSCO filters) and sent off to be reviewed/edited/published.

I never bothered with attachment lenses for iPhones, but will probably look into them this time, specifically for wide angle usage, which I love... forces you to get close & intimate with your subject or provides a nice template for an environmental composition. Really like my new clear/soft case though so hopefully there's some compatible ones that don't force their own case (the Samsung one looks sick though).

Last edited:

Vikas Dhar

May 28, 2016
Visit site
The cameras in the Galaxy S6 phones put Samsung head-to-head with Apple in terms of image quality. Samsung's camera app is also faster, thanks to a combination of the ability to launch the app via the home button and lightning-quick autofocus. The camera on the iPhone 6S Plus is still excellent, and can even outperform the S7 camera in certain settings.

SASavva86

May 26, 2014
Visit site
Interesting. Is it true about the 'over-sharpening' when you zoom into the photos? Trying to decide between the s7, s7 edge and the nexus 6p.

tracypagedotnet

Apr 10, 2016
Visit site
M&M Soup

Attachments

• 1466991208592.jpg
    1466991208592.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 32
  • 1466991219512.jpg
    1466991219512.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 31
  • 1466991229402.jpg
    1466991229402.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 30
  • 1466991238072.jpg
    1466991238072.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 30

Alanhd

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I was hoping to go out this weekend and test my S7e against my new DSLR but the weather gods had other ideas. Watch this space for some night shots, to see how the phone holds up.

pizzahhhhhh

Jun 21, 2016
Visit site
Clearwater sunset...

Lovely capture... I like seeing the beach so populated, there's too many empty beach sunset photos out there! (That awkward moment when I live in Tampa Bay.......)

Also guys, I'm late to the party & finally googled the stock messaging app MMS video/photo quality issues. I am very annoyed... coming from an iPhone where video messaging obviously works fine, & of course every previous android worked fine as well up to the Note 4.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr love the phone though, can't imagine switching to Note 5 to resolve.. love the S7E size coming from the 6SP......... & the magnet card swipe feature is to die for I keep using it at KFC & they lose their minds. Oh well, they'll prob fix it some day as it's such an embarrassing issue.