S7 SD Card - EVO or EVO+ ?

osta.doc

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
Only an assumption, but I bet it could use the added speed. I called Samsung customer service to ask what the slowest card was that my Note 4 could fully utilize, and not one person could say for sure.

They told me to go with a "class 10" card, and I'd be golden. Data transfer speeds are only going to become larger. I went with a Samsung Pro+, figuring if it's faster than my phone can use, someday, it still won't be considered fast.............YMMV

Last edited:

osta.doc

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
And to take that one step deeper, I was more concerned about the write speed of the card(which they sometimes don't even disclose on the box) as that should be more important if trying to record large files, photos or video, compared to read speeds, which is what affects pulling up your gallery to look at the photos you've already taken.

In my thinking, I don't want to miss photos/video while my device is trying to write to the card.

I went with a 95/95MB/s, read/write speed card based on what I've outlined. Maybe my Note 4 can't even use that much speed, but some device down the road will. Got a good price on it with Best Buy price matching Amazon.

I hope I've made some kind of sense here........

V10MPower

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Makes sense. I'm going to order the EVO+. When going to the Samsung website, they actually show a picture of the EVO+ where they are touting the removable SD card feature of the S7. So I figure that should be the one to go with.

Of course you choosing to go with an even better card can never hurt. And you'll always be ahead of the curve

osta.doc

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
V10,

I'd bet the EVO+ will be great. Didn't mean to say that you should buy what I bought. Just trying to offer up food for thought. I'm still working my way through this tech stuff. I thought that Samsung would have been able to answer my questions with a quickness, but not so much the case.

Good luck to you for sure..........Doc

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty