04-07-2018 09:52 PM
50 12
tools
    My S7 requires me to swipe before I can enter my pattern to unlock. I just want to turn on the screen and use the pattern like I did on my S4.

Read some older post saying to turn off smart lock, but I have none of those turned on.
    Steven Houser1 and memejoann like this.
    03-11-2016 09:54 AM
    My S7 requires me to swipe before I can enter my pattern to unlock. I just want to turn on the screen and use the pattern like I did on my S4.

Read some older post saying to turn off smart lock, but I have none of those turned on.
    Exactly and wtf. So far the s7 seems like a downgrade to my s6. Now i have to do 3 things to get into my phone. Where do coders get these great ideas from.

Come on samsung
    03-19-2016 06:45 AM
    is it because of screen notifications on the lock screen ??
    like messages or emails, or anything ?? they have to have a screen to go to
    03-19-2016 06:50 AM
    Not sure if you can. If you use fps then you should be able to disable the swipe
    03-19-2016 08:32 AM
    Why not just use the fingerprint scanner? Just place your finger on the home button and bam...you are in with no swipe required. Easy peasy.

Additionally you could also set up a trusted device or trusted location to keep it unlocked in certain places or situations.
    03-21-2016 01:26 AM
    Please explain the first part. People with pay programs probably can't do the second part. I already have fingerprint set up. That doesn't unlock an option to turn odd swipe.

Why not just use the fingerprint scanner? Just place your finger on the home button and bam...you are in with no swipe required. Easy peasy.

Additionally you could also set up a trusted device or trusted location to keep it unlocked in certain places or situations.
    03-21-2016 07:56 AM
    Please explain the first part. People with pay programs probably can't do the second part. I already have fingerprint set up. That doesn't unlock an option to turn odd swipe.
    I just posted this in the other thread....

Minor apology... I tried it again...Mine STILL goes to Swipe screen no matter what but now I can do the fingerprint instead of swiping (ignoring the command to swipe) and it opens. I can live with this. TY.
    03-21-2016 08:29 AM
    This is how the lockscreen works on stock Android since 5.0. I happen to prefer it, so to each their own.

But it's not a Samsung thing, it's a Google thing

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-21-2016 01:00 PM
    no, this is not how it worked. i just "upgraded" from 5.1.1 and when i turned on my phone it would have the lock patter right there, ready to go and unlock my phone. i still had notifications there, and if i wanted more details of my notifications i could just swipe down to expand it. so much better then this gay 2-step unlock process.
    hdhuntr and DJCBS like this.
    04-06-2016 07:59 PM
    no, this is not how it worked. i just "upgraded" from 5.1.1 and when i turned on my phone it would have the lock patter right there, ready to go and unlock my phone. i still had notifications there, and if i wanted more details of my notifications i could just swipe down to expand it. so much better then this gay 2-step unlock process.
    I agree with you 100%.
    My s6 would go straight to the lock pattern when I turned it on. S7 you have to swipe just to get to the lock pattern then enter lock pattern . 2 steps to unlock phone instead of one. I know you can use fingerprint to get around this . But I don't want to use fingerprint and I'm sure there are others that don't like using fingerprint either.
    Anyway I hope they fix this in a future update.
    04-07-2016 08:07 PM
    Just upgraded my S6 to marshmallow. Swipe to unlock is there
    04-13-2016 11:50 PM
    This additional layer has mad me the most angry I have ever been with android/samsung. I cannot even get into my phone without a irrational rage of frustration.

If I have to use 2 steps to get into my phone just so I can see one extra notification, it's not worth it.
    Codger1212 and mzadie like this.
    04-15-2016 10:59 AM
    I use Fingerprint Unlock with my phone. By default it requires a 2nd step to unlock the phone. After I changed the "Secured lock time" to "Instantly with the power key or..." I no longer have to also do the finger swipe.

Does that work with the Pattern Unlock also? Maybe someone can try it.
    Lee Long and John Mayer1 like this.
    04-16-2016 12:02 AM
    Samsung is dumb.
    Why I need two screens to unlock my phone?
    Finger print does not work properly, constantly unsucessful and even by that my phone unlocks.

Common Dambsung.
    mzadie likes this.
    04-27-2016 06:42 PM
    Samsung is dumb.
    Why I need two screens to unlock my phone?
    Finger print does not work properly, constantly unsucessful and even by that my phone unlocks.

Common Dambsung.
    If fingerprint is setup correctly it will work everytime.
    When setting up fingerprints, place your thumb or finger on the button in different positions until you reach 100%.
    You can repeat the process with fingerprint 2, 3 and 4.
    I have three different fingers setup and it opens every time.
    04-27-2016 07:26 PM

I have fingerprint and still i gotta swie before i use fingetprint
    05-03-2016 11:29 PM
    I have fingerprint and still i gotta swie before i use fingetprint
    Read my last post on April 16 and do what I did. No more swipes required after using fingerprint!
    05-03-2016 11:50 PM
    This additional layer has mad me the most angry I have ever been with android/samsung. I cannot even get into my phone without a irrational rage of frustration.

If I have to use 2 steps to get into my phone just so I can see one extra notification, it's not worth it.
    Haha..I find it so funny how humans think sometimes. 1 extra step makes us want to kill people and throw our amazing inventions in the garbage. Imagine if Internet and phones didn't exist. How many steps then to do stuff? That being said, I came here because this extra swipe feature makes me angry also. POS S6
    05-12-2016 09:31 PM
    Thank you. Setting the "Secured lock time" to "Instantly..." is the only thing of all the posts that directly unlocks the S7 -- no swipe required. Thanks again.
    kk1l likes this.
    07-18-2016 02:10 PM
    Me too , it is so annoying!!
    07-20-2016 12:50 PM
    It is hella annoying and frustration. I don't get the point of having to unlock the phone to unlock it!
    07-20-2016 12:52 PM

Hi if you haven't figured it out I went to security settings and removed Google smart lock. It didn't remove the swipe but if I keep my finger on the button a little longer it will bypass the swipe
    07-23-2016 04:13 PM
    I solved this. There are two ways:
    Method 1.go to Settings 》 Lock Screen and Security 》 Screen Lock Type and look for Option:None

Method 2. Settings 》 Accessibility 》 Direction Lock 》 Screen Lock Type and look for Option:None

Both of these will warn you about security blah blah just yes in my case it was saying it will remove fingerprint etc. I don't remember setiing one up before.
    I have set up Fingerprint now it does want a second login type for when phone has been restarted or not used for 24hrs. But no more swipes!
    07-29-2016 06:02 PM
    If fingerprint is setup correctly it will work everytime.
    When setting up fingerprints, place your thumb or finger on the button in different positions until you reach 100%.
    You can repeat the process with fingerprint 2, 3 and 4.
    I have three different fingers setup and it opens every time.
    Unless you have calluses. Mine worked great until yesterday. Now I'm using a different method. I miss the BlackBerry Photo lock screen

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-11-2016 08:18 PM
    Thank you. Setting the "Secured lock time" to "Instantly..." is the only thing of all the posts that directly unlocks the S7 -- no swipe required. Thanks again.
    Where is that?

I also came here because of this problem, just upgraded to Android 6 and FUMING with anger because I did. I have a Samsung J700F
    08-12-2016 02:10 AM
50 12