Can anyone explain why Touchwiz lags?

Rick_Moli0212

Jun 24, 2015
Visit site
Simply put, can anyone with coding/software development insight offer some sort of explanation as to why Touchwiz on new Samsung phones like the S7 and S7 Edge drops frames/stutters/lags? These phones have the latest in high-powered SOCs and GPUs, as well as years of time under development by a major company with vast resources, which is why I am curious as to why these phones still have occasional software slowdowns practically out-of-the-box.

Rick_Moli0212

Jun 24, 2015
Visit site
I've heard that before and I just don't get it. TouchWiz, and Android in general, are both well beyond the infancy stage, so one would think that they would be well optimized by now.

caveman84

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
I've heard that before and I just don't get it. TouchWiz, and Android in general, are both well beyond the infancy stage, so one would think that they would be well optimized by now.
Android is very optimized ever since the project butter, in its pure version that is. Touchwiz on the other hand, while has gotten vastly better from years before, still lags here and there but nothing major

t11rmh

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
Doesn't lag on my s7 or s7 edge. Touchwiz gets bad press for no reason these days.

Posted via the Android Central App on a kicking Gold Samsung Galaxy S7

Rick_Moli0212

Jun 24, 2015
Visit site
For the most part my GS7 runs smoothly, but no matter what it doesn't match the level of smoothness of stock Android for things like scrolling and animations.

caveman84

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
My beef with samsung is the amount of unremovable bloat that runs in the background and ears at battery life. I can live with lag but cant with crappy battery life

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
My beef with samsung is the amount of unremovable bloat that runs in the background and ears at battery life. I can live with lag but cant with crappy battery life
You can use package disabler from the play store to disable most apps

Titan206

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
As someone who has owned the Nexus 5X, the Nexus 6P, and the S7, the S7 is the fastest and least laggy.

For me, TouchWiz isn't laggy. This goes for my S7 and the Galaxy Tab S2 that I own. The S7 is the least laggy phone I've used.

Rick_Moli0212

Jun 24, 2015
Visit site
Most of the time my S7 is smooth and quick, but it still stutters when scrolling quickly through settings or the Google Play Store.

The GPU rendering profile in Developer Settings shows how many frames are dropped during use, especially when scrolling.

yunique

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
no lag whatsoever for me, touchwiz "lag" is way over blown by nexus fanboys who try to convert everyone else to nexus phones

Posted via the Android Central App

Rick_Moli0212

Jun 24, 2015
Visit site
As I said, stutters are few and far between. For the most part, my phone runs perfectly smooth. I was just wondering why, even at its best, Touchwiz is not as smooth as the latest version of stock Android.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomarsha95