FM radio?!

nthnu

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
From what I'm reading, the Galaxy S7 has an FM radio! I'm on Verizon and it's disabled :/

"Contact your wireless carrier today to let them know — as a matter of public safety and consumer fairness for data plans — you want your phone’s FM chip activated for constant access to free FM radio!"
Take Action - Free Radio on my Phone

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I don't think any of Verizon's Samsung Galaxy line had fm radio. Att s7 does, if fm radio, should you decide to switch to another carrier

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
It is prob just disabled, but i dont know for sure. The phones probably come off the same line for the same region and then disabled according to carrier. I could be wrong.

Sent with my white Note5 with nonremovable back and no SDcard!

Scutley

May 17, 2013
Visit site
I don't think any of Verizon's Samsung Galaxy line had fm radio. Att s7 does, if fm radio, should you decide to switch to another carrier

All Android phones have a FM chip on their phone. AT&T and other carriers have enabled it. This helps with saving on Data, Battery life etc...

Verizon has choosed not to enabled it because they want to waste your money on data and other stuff. They can if they want but so far they haven't.

Scutley

May 17, 2013
Visit site
I think NextRadio.

NextRadio is the app you use. You plugged your headphones into the headphone jack and they use it as an antenna. You can go into their settings on NextRadio and click on external speaker to get it through your phone speaker with the headphones plugged in, or you can just listen to it on your headphones but you have to have headphones plugged in. It's just like a normal radio but your saving half of the data. I like it better because there is less delay and I'm saving data,.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez