WIFI problems on personal network.

nlpod12

Mar 30, 2016
Visit site
I got the Samsung S7 the day it came out only to find that the internet, game store, and all internet apps did not work on my network. The phone connected and I see that it was. Everything worked ok when I went on to AT&T WiFi. I spoke to Samsung for over 12 hours about this issue and also sent reports to all the apps that were not working. I exchanged my router, with the same result. AT&T exchanged the phone once also. Please note I had the before the S4 and loved it. It worked well.

I found out by myself, if you are home to turn off you Bluetooth and know thier is no problem for me to use these apps, as well as the internet or game store.
I don't get you are not connected to the internet ot real time out, or retry.
I hope that a fix comes up soon for this. It's a pain to remember to do and undo.

nlpod12

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
This seems to be an issue with only some phones (AT&T's version seems to be the one with the most incidences, from what I've seen in the forums). I do hope they fix it, but some of us don't have that issue (I'm on T-Mobile, though). No problem keeping WiFi and BT active at all times since day 1.

I did have a similar issue once with a tablet and I remember an app in the Play Store that automatically switched off BT when connecting to WiFi and turned it back on after a successful connection (so this isn't a 'new' issue and not only in Samsung phones, unfortunately).

randun

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
I've had the same issues with my S4 but the issue for me was my network. Simply the wall structure, etc. Laptop had decreased throughput as well.

whattab

Feb 16, 2015
Visit site
I'm using the Tmo variant. And there are definite issues with wifi connection and data reception. I have the Note 5 and iPhone 6s and they do not have these issues. Wifi connection in my house is much weaker on this device and my data cuts out constantly in my normal routes around town. Often find myself with no data in places where I always have reception on my other phones. My Spotify playlists won't stream multiple times per day. Won't allow me to refresh my Facebook app. Etc etc etc.

I'm hoping Tmobile pushes out a fix like VZW did for their S7 wifi issues. Stat.

Posted via the Android Central App

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm using the Tmo variant. And there are definite issues with wifi connection and data reception. I have the Note 5 and iPhone 6s and they do not have these issues. Wifi connection in my house is much weaker on this device and my data cuts out constantly in my normal routes around town. Often find myself with no data in places where I always have reception on my other phones. My Spotify playlists won't stream multiple times per day. Won't allow me to refresh my Facebook app. Etc etc etc.

I'm hoping Tmobile pushes out a fix like VZW did for their S7 wifi issues. Stat.

Posted via the Android Central App

T-Mobile Edge version here and haven't had an issue. I'm even traveling with the device almost since it arrived, and haven't had data issues even while roaming, on coffee shop or hotel networks, at home WiFi, or corporate WiFi.

whattab

Feb 16, 2015
Visit site
T-Mobile Edge version here and haven't had an issue. I'm even traveling with the device almost since it arrived, and haven't had data issues even while roaming, on coffee shop or hotel networks, at home WiFi, or corporate WiFi.

Interested in hearing what your service is like when you get home to your norm. And what phone did you upgrade from?

Could this be an issue only affecting S7 devices and not S7 Edges?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I should be back this week, but I don't expect issues as my family here has the same router I have at home.

I upgraded from a Note 5.