07-16-2017 01:26 AM
108 ... 345
tools
    After changing my buffer soze to 16m it worked for a little while but it came back. Then I tried turning off EASY MUTE that seems to work also. I'll keep testing.
    07-04-2017 07:19 PM
    Hey guys,

Not sure if anyone will still have this problem but if you tap the back of your phone near the speaker it should solve the issue it's worked for my s7.

Might be worth a try
    07-08-2017 05:20 AM
    So all of you got really close to the answer. The problem ia not a third party app. When i started troubleshooting this problem i did all of the stuff above, and none help. Then i decided to look at the OS and see what is going on. The problem is google assisten or google now... depwnding on what your version of os is... google now listens to every word you say... and it should throw away all of it unless you say "ok google". But in order for google to find other ways of income google now listens to all we say... and sends it to google for them to offer it to the highest bidder. When you play music on speker there is way too many thinga to process... so the application locks up... and so does your sound. If you increase the buffers you just let it listen and process more data... when you do volume up home and power... you restart the locked up app... so it gives it more time untill it locks up again.... the solution is... turn off google now or google assistent... hold the home button... the up will show up.. go in settings, the three ... and disable it. They will still continue to losten.. just not via this app happy sound days!!!
    07-09-2017 07:47 AM
    I uninstalled the "Google" and the "Google Text-to-Speech" apps and it seemed to fix mine.

Nevermind still cuts out after a few seconds.
    07-09-2017 09:24 PM
    So - I got my S7 back from the service team and in the report of them .....

NO PROBLEMS FOUND ON YOUR PHONE

Wow - I turned my phone on and after around 1 min same problem and they didn't found
    anything. The phone was still in factory status no third party apps installed from my side.
    I got a note from the service team that third party apps can make this problems

I hope Samsung will release 7.1.2 soon and the problems are gone.
    07-12-2017 04:03 AM
    Dear everyone on the thread I've been struggling with this issue for quite some time and I had an epiphany hey the note had explosive problems (heat problems) so I did a trial an error took my phone out of its case and unplugged the charger it was on and behold it was hot to the touch and audio cut out still cooled off listening to spotify clearly now and watching YouTube videos with no problem.
    07-14-2017 09:23 PM
    I know there are a lot of contradictory solutions suggested here.
    Disabling Google did not fix it for me.
    On one occasion I seemed to get the issue right after factory reset, though it is possible a stock app had auto-updated.
    After several resets, my current top suspect is Facebook Messenger: I installed a few essential apps and tested audio after each one. The problem occurred only after Messenger was installed, and seems to have stopped occuring now I have uninstalled in and replaced it with a third-party app. Though time will tell.
    That said, there is clearly a firmware issue as it should not be possible to break this phone's basic functionality through use of apps as common as Google or Messenger: if such apps lead to a problem, Samsung should step up and fix their ROM or at least identify why their ROM needs treating with kid gloves by the most ubiquitous apps in the world.
    07-15-2017 01:05 PM
    I know there are a lot of contradictory solutions suggested here.
    Disabling Google did not fix it for me.
    On one occasion I seemed to get the issue right after factory reset, though it is possible a stock app had auto-updated.
    After several resets, my current top suspect is Facebook Messenger: I installed a few essential apps and tested audio after each one. The problem occurred only after Messenger was installed, and seems to have stopped occuring now I have uninstalled in and replaced it with a third-party app. Though time will tell.
    That said, there is clearly a firmware issue as it should not be possible to break this phone's basic functionality through use of apps as common as Google or Messenger: if such apps lead to a problem, Samsung should step up and fix their ROM or at least identify why their ROM needs treating with kid gloves by the most ubiquitous apps in the world.
    Sigh... problem returned...
    07-16-2017 01:26 AM
108 ... 345