06-10-2018 03:16 AM
152 ... 34567
tools
    Hey guys,

Not sure if anyone will still have this problem but if you tap the back of your phone near the speaker it should solve the issue it's worked for my s7.

Might be worth a try
    07-08-2017 05:20 AM
    So all of you got really close to the answer. The problem ia not a third party app. When i started troubleshooting this problem i did all of the stuff above, and none help. Then i decided to look at the OS and see what is going on. The problem is google assisten or google now... depwnding on what your version of os is... google now listens to every word you say... and it should throw away all of it unless you say "ok google". But in order for google to find other ways of income google now listens to all we say... and sends it to google for them to offer it to the highest bidder. When you play music on speker there is way too many thinga to process... so the application locks up... and so does your sound. If you increase the buffers you just let it listen and process more data... when you do volume up home and power... you restart the locked up app... so it gives it more time untill it locks up again.... the solution is... turn off google now or google assistent... hold the home button... the up will show up.. go in settings, the three ... and disable it. They will still continue to losten.. just not via this app happy sound days!!!
    07-09-2017 07:47 AM
    I uninstalled the "Google" and the "Google Text-to-Speech" apps and it seemed to fix mine.

Nevermind still cuts out after a few seconds.
    07-09-2017 09:24 PM
    So - I got my S7 back from the service team and in the report of them .....

NO PROBLEMS FOUND ON YOUR PHONE

Wow - I turned my phone on and after around 1 min same problem and they didn't found
    anything. The phone was still in factory status no third party apps installed from my side.
    I got a note from the service team that third party apps can make this problems

I hope Samsung will release 7.1.2 soon and the problems are gone.
    07-12-2017 04:03 AM
    Dear everyone on the thread I've been struggling with this issue for quite some time and I had an epiphany hey the note had explosive problems (heat problems) so I did a trial an error took my phone out of its case and unplugged the charger it was on and behold it was hot to the touch and audio cut out still cooled off listening to spotify clearly now and watching YouTube videos with no problem.
    07-14-2017 09:23 PM
    I know there are a lot of contradictory solutions suggested here.
    Disabling Google did not fix it for me.
    On one occasion I seemed to get the issue right after factory reset, though it is possible a stock app had auto-updated.
    After several resets, my current top suspect is Facebook Messenger: I installed a few essential apps and tested audio after each one. The problem occurred only after Messenger was installed, and seems to have stopped occuring now I have uninstalled in and replaced it with a third-party app. Though time will tell.
    That said, there is clearly a firmware issue as it should not be possible to break this phone's basic functionality through use of apps as common as Google or Messenger: if such apps lead to a problem, Samsung should step up and fix their ROM or at least identify why their ROM needs treating with kid gloves by the most ubiquitous apps in the world.
    07-15-2017 01:05 PM
    I know there are a lot of contradictory solutions suggested here.
    Disabling Google did not fix it for me.
    On one occasion I seemed to get the issue right after factory reset, though it is possible a stock app had auto-updated.
    After several resets, my current top suspect is Facebook Messenger: I installed a few essential apps and tested audio after each one. The problem occurred only after Messenger was installed, and seems to have stopped occuring now I have uninstalled in and replaced it with a third-party app. Though time will tell.
    That said, there is clearly a firmware issue as it should not be possible to break this phone's basic functionality through use of apps as common as Google or Messenger: if such apps lead to a problem, Samsung should step up and fix their ROM or at least identify why their ROM needs treating with kid gloves by the most ubiquitous apps in the world.
    Sigh... problem returned...
    07-16-2017 01:26 AM
    Hey guys,

Not sure if anyone will still have this problem but if you tap the back of your phone near the speaker it should solve the issue it's worked for my s7.

Might be worth a try
    I have been dealing with this issue for almost a year. Finally, I read a post similar to the one above about the speaker. Bottom right hand corner. I squeezed that area a bit and flexed the phone. (Be careful)
    My audio has been working for a couple days now.
    I sincerely hopes this helps someone else with this issue. Good luck!!
    08-03-2017 11:25 AM
    I have been dealing with this issue for almost a year. Finally, I read a post similar to the one above about the speaker. Bottom right hand corner. I squeezed that area a bit and flexed the phone. (Be careful)
    My audio has been working for a couple days now.
    I sincerely hopes this helps someone else with this issue. Good luck!!
    I have g7 active. Same problem. Pressing lower right side of the phone solves the problem for some time. Looks like mfg problem.
    Makinen79 likes this.
    08-09-2017 12:35 PM
    I have g7 active. Same problem. Pressing lower right side of the phone solves the problem for some time. Looks like mfg problem.

I don't want to hurry but i managed to get rid of the sound problem for some time.

I went to Settings > Advanced Features > and here I've disabled everything except Quick Camera Launch.

I don't think its a hardware problem and I will tell you why.

If i'm in Facebook and the sounds stop working, i can still hear the sound from haptic feedback. If the facebook does not give any sound and still hear a "click" when pressing "back", its not a hardware problem! but a firmware/software one.

I have my phone brand new for like 2 weeks and the problem first appeared 3 days ago.

Regards!
    08-15-2017 05:18 PM
    I don't want to hurry but i managed to get rid of the sound problem for 24hrs.

I went to Settings > Advanced Features > and here I've disabled everything except Quick Camera Launch.

I don't think its a hardware problem and I will tell you why.

If i'm in Facebook and the sounds stop working, i can still hear the sound from haptic feedback. If the facebook does not give any sound and still hear a "click" when pressing "back", its not a hardware problem! but a firmware/software one.

I have my phone brand new for like 2 weeks and the problem first appeared 3 days ago.

Regards!
    I still have the problem. **** my life! Why I rooted my phone???? Now i bet i can't get my phone into waranty....
    08-15-2017 06:54 PM
    I still have the problem. **** my life! Why I rooted my phone???? Now i bet i can't get my phone into waranty....
    %od Da**t! It's not a hardware issue!

I don't know what is happening but seems like someone is screwing with Samsung.

I know how to trigger the issue. I open my Youtube (or any audio app) and move my phone around. Soon the sound will stop (i can still hear it coz i have dual speaker mode active).

While the issue is ON, i can not hear the sound feedback of my touch buttons. But! And here comes the fun part. If you close the app that is not giving sound, you will hear again, the sound feedback of your touch buttons. If it was an hardware issue why I can hear the sound again after the sound app is closed? Tell me this!

Samsung I love YOu and I want that things work between us! I have S series from S1. Loved it! Please help your users to overcome this ugly thing.

PS. Anyone try to uninstall all 3rd party audio apps (even youtube and facebook, with root) and see if while using an official samsung app for sound, you can reproduce the issue: com.sec.android.app.music_6.1.62-0-616200900_minAPI23(nodpi).apk (This is the samsung music app).
    08-17-2017 02:30 AM
    Really Samsung wtf! No sound. No work around. And samsung is silent
    08-19-2017 02:53 PM
    FOUND THE ISSUE! Another article with s8 volume cutting out mentioned others had sound return when they pressed on back of phone. I tried it and it worked! Must be an internal hardware issue!!!!! I grip mine in wide/horizontal view and press on back of phone in middle and sound returns while pressing and cuts out as soon as I release! I really like my S7 over iphone but this type of issue will make me switch back. Horrible.
    08-19-2017 03:09 PM
    When sound cuts out, press on back. My sound comes back on while pressing. Cuts out when released. Indicates hardware issue. Come on Samsung. Best fix.
    https://www.tomsguide.com/us/galaxy-...ews-25073.html
    08-19-2017 03:28 PM
    Can it be because of a back case? Maybe the case is "pressing" the phone? I've reflashed it with Samsung Kies Recovery, removed my back case, and no issue for 1h straight playback....
    08-20-2017 03:25 AM
    And before of that, reflashed it 10 times and everytime it started behaving with that speaker issue....
    08-20-2017 03:25 AM
    And if this is a HW issue... Why my DUCKING phone dont stop for 1-2h non stop playback? Samsung you must find out what is happening! I hope it was because my back case!!!!!!! I'm playing music now for over 2hrs non-stop, rotating the phone and it never stops.

Yesterday with my case applied and the old "same version of software" applied, it stopped everytime.

I'm very confused.

Sorry for my English, I'm Romanian.

If someone wanna contact me, it can be done at piff@yahoo.com
    08-20-2017 03:31 AM
    OMG. I think the case was the issue... wTF

If the case is the problem, I hope samsung gives me an award . I will take a photo of my case.

PS. If the case was not the issue, just do the second step I made. While setting up your phone, use an empty google account, not your old one. Maybe google does some tricks :|... IDK what to say about this but before I used my phone without case, i tried a new google account.

Galaxy S7 audio cuts out, how can I stop this?-20170820_114000.jpg
    Galaxy S7 audio cuts out, how can I stop this?-20170820_114007.jpg
    Galaxy S7 audio cuts out, how can I stop this?-20170820_114015.jpg
    Galaxy S7 audio cuts out, how can I stop this?-20170820_114024.jpg
    08-20-2017 03:38 AM
    Edit: my S7 has 3hours of non stop music playing and the speaker does its job like a champ! God exists....
    08-20-2017 04:12 AM
    Oh my god. I feel like a champ! 3h:50 minutes with nonstop music playback on youtube... Fix: Using a new google account while first setup of phone, or removing any back case on the phone.
    08-20-2017 04:58 AM
    4h:20m of continuous music playback without any speaker loose. Guys we have a hope.
    08-20-2017 05:25 AM
    Could be the case. Mine definitly seems to be an internal hardware issue. When sound cuts out watching youtube or playing music, I press on back using fingers and holding bezel with thumbs. Sound returns and then goes away when I release. Next time it goes out I will take case off to experiment. My guess is when you took case off you pressed on phone to get it off. Possibly a short or corrosion inside the phone causing sound to cut out.
    I first had sound cut out on my phone when it was in my front pants pocket and when I bent at the waist (leg and pants applied pressure to phone), the sound cut out while listening to music on external speaker.
    I then saw the article about S8 phones having same sound cut out issue and a post about a person pressing on back of the phone and sound returned.
    08-20-2017 08:12 AM
    So - I got my S7 back from the service team and in the report of them .....

NO PROBLEMS FOUND ON YOUR PHONE

Wow - I turned my phone on and after around 1 min same problem and they didn't found
    anything. The phone was still in factory status no third party apps installed from my side.
    I got a note from the service team that third party apps can make this problems

I hope Samsung will release 7.1.2 soon and the problems are gone.
    Try pressing on back of phone when sound cuts out. While phone is horizontal as viewing full screen YouTube, grip left and right bezels with thumbs and palms and apply steady and increasing pressure to back of phone with fingers. Did this while youtube video went silent and sound returned while applying pressure. Went away when I released. Did it a few more times and each time sound returned. This might explain why the power, home button, volume up button press sometimes works also as it also squeezes the phone.

Bad thing is that s8 galaxy has similar complaints and squeeze fix....
    This is my first samsung and I dont want to go back to iphone. But its obvious they have an internal hardware issue.
    08-20-2017 08:26 AM
    Sigh... problem returned...
    Try pressing on back of phone when sound cuts out. While phone is horizontal as viewing full screen YouTube, grip left and right bezels with thumbs and palms and apply steady and increasing pressure to back of phone with fingers. Did this while youtube video went silent and sound returned while applying pressure. Went away when I released. Did it a few more times and each time sound returned. This might explain why the power, home button, volume up button press sometimes works also as it also squeezes the phone.

Bad thing is that s8 galaxy has similar complaints and squeeze fix....

This is my first samsung and I dont want to go back to iphone.
    08-20-2017 08:29 AM
152 ... 34567