Galaxy S7 audio cuts out, how can I stop this?

EHauber

May 5, 2016
Visit site
Galaxy S7 audio cuts out

Hey guys,

I've had my Galaxy S7 for almost two months out and the last few weeks the sound keeps cutting out. This doesn't happen whenever I get called or get a text, but only when I try to watch a video either on YouTube or Facebook or one that's on my phone. The sound will play for only 2 seconds when it stops. It also happens when I try to set a ringtone.

Does anyone know what's going on? Is this common? I really don't want to send it in for repairs.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Does it cut out when you're using a wired or Bluetooth headset as well?

Bobbycrook

May 7, 2016
Visit site
Hey guys,

I've had my Galaxy S7 for almost two months out and the last few weeks the sound keeps cutting out. This doesn't happen whenever I get called or get a text, but only when I try to watch a video either on YouTube or Facebook or one that's on my phone. The sound will play for only 2 seconds when it stops. It also happens when I try to set a ringtone.

Does anyone know what's going on? Is this common? I really don't want to send it in for repairs.

Exactly the same problem on my Samsung s7 edge! Been fine, now when watching youtube videos, sound fades out after about 20 seconds then comes back. Also happens when playing games etc and watching camera videos too. If headphones are plugged in, I have no issues. I have factory reset, clearEd partition cache, turned Google "OK now" off and makes no difference. As mentioned had no problems before.

Also forgot to mention, clicked on videos from go pro website and can stream them without any audio issues so I'm not an expert but it's when using apps, games, camera, youtube etc???

Last edited by a moderator:

Z852s

May 14, 2016
Visit site
Exactly the same problem on my Samsung s7 edge! Been fine, now when watching youtube videos, sound fades out after about 20 seconds then comes back. Also happens when playing games etc and watching camera videos too. If headphones are plugged in, I have no issues. I have factory reset, clearEd partition cache, turned Google "OK now" off and makes no difference. As mentioned had no problems before.

I have the same problems on my S7. Anyone find any info on this?

deane28

May 17, 2016
Visit site
I have the same issue with Samsung S6 Active. Audio cuts out on some videos I upload to Twitter. Plays fine in my gallery folder.

jnegrin881

May 30, 2016
Visit site
Hey guys,

Yes

Install the app "soundabout". Set media to speaker. It fixed the problem.

Ben Perkins

Jul 14, 2016
Visit site
Re: Galaxy S7 audio cuts out

Hey guys,

Ok I think Ive fixed this problme first thing you need to do is enable developer options by going to settings>about device>software info then rapidly click on build number five times this will enable developer options in settings now to fix the audio problem go to settings>develoer options then you need to enable Prevent USB audio routing this should fix the problem of audio cutting out.

BTW this is my first post to any website like this so hopfully it made sense and helped someone :)

Faye Green

Jul 14, 2016
Visit site

Ok I think Ive fixed this problme first thing you need to do is enable developer options by going to settings>about device>software info then rapidly click on build number five times this will enable developer options in settings now to fix the audio problem go to settings>develoer options then you need to enable Prevent USB audio routing this should fix the problem of audio cutting out.

BTW this is my first post to any website like this so hopfully it made sense and helped someone :)

I had my Galaxy S7 for almost 5 months . Tried enable prevent USB audio routing and it still doesn't work.
Viewing you tube, playing a game, listen to music from a iheart radio, pandora or music i have downloaded from itunes with or without headphones, sending or receiving text.
Frustrating, very frustrating.
I don't want to send my S7 out for repairs or replace with another one, it is pricey.

tjs293

Jul 30, 2016
Visit site
Not sure if this will help everybody out, but try changing the state of power saving mode. Some people are having luck when turning off PSM, but I was able to get sound back when I turned it on.

Stuart Law

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
Not sure if this will help everybody out, but try changing the state of power saving mode. Some people are having luck when turning off PSM, but I was able to get sound back when I turned it on.

Tried all the above suggestions and it still happens. I took the phone into a Samsung store and they put it in safe mode to ensure it wasn't an app conflict, ofcourse it worked perfectly for them so they said they couldn't help. Desperately looking for a solution

nyplaya610

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Anyone find a solution for this? I am experiencing the same issue and its actually gotten worse. Before the sound would cut out after a minute or so, now its a few seconds. I even did a factory reset and didnt install any applications on it to see if it would help, still nothing.

Imajackastro

Oct 7, 2016
Visit site
Yeah this is ridiculous. After scouring the net I can't fix this stupid problem. It's obviously a software problem, since factory resets don't do anything to fix the problem. How has this not been addressed yet?! Has anyone found an actual fix yet.

Pipercollins

Oct 12, 2016
Visit site
I have a 2 month old G7 Active with this same issue. I've tried the fixes mentioned here to no avail. Hit and miss at best, still a chronic thing.

I think it's a conflict of some kind with Google Play Music. What I have figured out is that if I go to GPM to test things and play a tune from my MP3 library, everything works fine, and usually I can go back to FB or YouTube and then I can run the audio I was trying to play to begin with.

It still crops up as a chronic issue though. But this is an effective work around...each time I want to play app audio...

Mikaelp

Oct 18, 2016
Visit site

Hey guys,

I fixed it by downloading SoundAbout and turning Media to Aux Digital (HDMI)
Hopefully this helps!

MightyMac1964

Oct 30, 2016
Visit site
SoundAbout did not cure the issue on my S7 Edge. It worked for a while, just as a restart did, but I'm back with the same problem.

Frigging irritating to no end.

Hey guys,

I saw this post from someone and it fixed the sound problem. Well for now I guess... we will see if this is a permanent fix.

If the problem comes back after installing SoundAbout, I saw this post and it fixed my phones sound problem.

** Ok I think Ive fixed this problme first thing you need to do is enable developer options by going to settings>about device>software info then rapidly click on build number five times this will enable developer options in settings now to fix the audio problem go to settings>develoer options then you need to enable Prevent USB audio routing this should fix the problem of audio cutting out.