Lousy phone call reception/transmitting

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
Sorry I don't know the technical lingo or specific component responsible but people I talk to on the phone have trouble hearing me clearly much of the time. They say it breaks up and when I'm talking it's like talking to dead air because they don't hear what I'm seeing or my voice is just breaking up. I hear them just fine, it's on the transmitting end that's causing the issue.

Nothing has changed at all with my use, same areas, same towers, the only thing that has changed is the phone. I never had this issue with my previous phone, the LG G4 but now that I have my S7 I get this complaint all the time.

I switche my network from Global to LTE/CDMA the day I got the phone but otherwise the phone is stock.

Anybody else experiencing this issue?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Which carrier? Have you asked them about it?

Does the same thing happen if you're using speakerphone or wired/Bluetooth headsets?

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
Which carrier? Have you asked them about it?

Does the same thing happen if you're using speakerphone or wired/Bluetooth headsets?

Verizon, yes it happens with Bluetooth. I went on the VZ message board and it seems I'm not the only one, VZ seems to not have answers nor care.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Are you able to go to an actual Verizon store? Don't bother with the message boards--most forums run by the carriers themselves won't be super helpful. Or have you tried calling Verizon customer service? Try to escalate to higher level tech support, and not just the first customer service rep you talk to.

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
Yeah...the forums were just pretty much "We here at VZ want to give you the best service" without any solutions being offered. I'll call VZ...reluctantly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87