Any S7 Sound/Speaker Improvements?

Bold9930

Aug 5, 2016
Visit site
I find the S7 sound to be tin like sounding and the volume control is weak at best. I was in the car and even with a BT speaker connected, I had the volume all the way up and could barely hear. For a high priced phone and one that is supposed to be "the best", I'm very disappointed with the speaker volume and quality.

Anyone have any luck with changes to improve this?

scopus

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
i think part maybe its not so loud because of the waterproofing they did on it, and yeh the speaker is just small and wimpy. One thing definitely something other companies have over this phone. If you want there is a volume mod and dual speaker mod here: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...-roms-hacks/659550-dual-sound-volume-mod.html
but im not sure about it and wouldnt do it myself as could possible damage speakers so use at ur own risk. A safe and sure way to improve volume level and quality of the headphone output would be to connect an external usb dac, for example great small one: :"dragonfly dac"
this will upgrade the sound to audiophile level, but for a price.

Bold9930

Aug 5, 2016
Visit site
i think part maybe its not so loud because of the waterproofing they did on it, and yeh the speaker is just small and wimpy. One thing definitely something other companies have over this phone. If you want there is a volume mod and dual speaker mod here: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...-roms-hacks/659550-dual-sound-volume-mod.html
but im not sure about it and wouldnt do it myself as could possible damage speakers so use at ur own risk. A safe and sure way to improve volume level and quality of the headphone output would be to connect an external usb dac, for example great small one: :"dragonfly dac"
this will upgrade the sound to audiophile level, but for a price.

Thanks for this, but I'm on Verizon so pretty sure I have a Snapdragon chipset.
WARNING: DO NOT attempt to flash this on the Qualcomm SnapDragon models.

As for the DAC option...Pretty nifty, but I just want the phone speakers or my portable BT speaker to work better. This won't help here.

:eek:

scopus

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for this, but I'm on Verizon so pretty sure I have a Snapdragon chipset.
WARNING: DO NOT attempt to flash this on the Qualcomm SnapDragon models.

As for the DAC option...Pretty nifty, but I just want the phone speakers or my portable BT speaker to work better. This won't help here.

:eek:

verizon and all US providers are snapdragon so guess thats not an option. Dont think there is anything than u can do to improve the onboard speaker. I know it sucks this imo is the one major con of this phone ,common samsung get it together! if you want to go BT route than buy a better more powerful bt speaker. BT transmitts a digital signal to the speaker which uses its onboard dac, but often in wireless headphones and speakers this is low quality. and the speaker itself might be cheap/underpowered. so search for a quality speaker with powerful amplifier

Last edited:

Fille84

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I find the S7 sound to be tin like sounding and the volume control is weak at best. I was in the car and even with a BT speaker connected, I had the volume all the way up and could barely hear. For a high priced phone and one that is supposed to be "the best", I'm very disappointed with the speaker volume and quality.

Anyone have any luck with changes to improve this?
Yeah the quality isn't the best. But you can tweak the built in equalizer to improve the quality a bit. Same goes for the audio through headphones and BT-speaker.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
My Note 2 speaker is a lot better at reproducing music than the S7 or even a Note 5. Seems Samsung did somthing to all their current models speakers that was not an improvement over the "old" Note 2. I still use my Note 2 along with my S7 so I have had plenty of opportunity to "AB" the sound qualities of them. I also listened to the speakers of the Note2 vs the Note 5 when at the Samsung display area of BB. I miss the better speaker sound quality of the Note 2. The Samsungs that aren't the Note 2 all sound tinny by comparison.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez