Disable swipe on lock screen

Vxrich

Jan 7, 2014
Visit site
Hi I've just noticed that I'm able to unlock my phone by swiping the lock screen even though it's set to pin and fingerprint? I've tried numerous times but it doesn't matter what the security is set to I am still able to swipe the screen to unlock it. Any ideas on how to remove the swipe feature?
Cheers
Rich

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! How long are you waiting after you turn the screen off before you turn it back on again? Check the timeout that you set for how long the screen will remain unlocked after it sleeps--it's usually in Settings>Security or Settings>Display, called "Automatically lock."

Also, do you have Smart Lock turned on?

Vxrich

Jan 7, 2014
Visit site
Hi B.Diddy Thanks for your reply. I have it to Immediate and smart lock is turned off. It was working fine up until a few days ago. When I press the home button the lock screen appears with a small open padlock at the bottom of the screen with 'Swipe to unlock' above it. If I tap on the padlock it locks and I have to either use my fingerprint or enter my pin (what it used to do automatically) ??

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, I'm a bit confused--when you wake the phone with the Home button, then swipe up to unlock, does it then show you the PIN entry screen?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Just to be sure, go to Settings>Security>Trust Agents and switch Smart Lock completely off.

Do you have any 3rd party security apps installed?