My galaxy s7 won't power off without pass code and won't restart

A

AC Question

I have a galaxy s7 and my nephew change the Password and locked me out my phone I though I could just reset to but no !!!!! It's also a code on the phone to just power it off so I can't do that either !!!!! I need help how do I power off my phone that has a power lock on it if I don't know the password

project.in.process

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Yeah that sounds like a nasty situation...Just out of curiosity, do you have "Wipe after X failed attempts" enabled? If so, be careful of wrong attempts to unlock it.
I'm not saying to threaten your nephew, but I'd at least restate the severity of the situation and inform his parent(s) of the problems it's causing. Man I sound so old right there.
Sounds like you might have to manually reset the phone, potentially with Kies software or the like.
Then sign back in with your gmail account.

Jboe1031

Jun 1, 2017
Visit site
I have a galaxy s7 and my nephew change the Password and locked me out my phone I though I could just reset to but no !!!!! It's also a code on the phone to just power it off so I can't do that either !!!!! I need help how do I power off my phone that has a power lock on it if I don't know the password

I'm having the same problem. Please contact me if u find the solution

CWinkler

Dec 7, 2016
Visit site
Not sure if "find my phone" through Google, and then saying you lost the phone and asking to reset would work. From computer or another device. Good luck!

frankwolf91

Dec 4, 2017
Visit site

HEY GUYS! First time replying to one of these, so apologizes if this looks weird! So my customer is currently having the SAME EXACT issue so I looked here to find a solution but looks like you guys are still stuck. Well GREAT NEWS, I found the solution for my customer! So yeah, we need the phone turned off but we can’t because it still needs the security code. Instead of powering off the device, hit “Restart Device”, the device wont need a code for that so when the device restarts and the screen turns black, hold down the Power+Volume Up+Home Button until Recovery Mode pops up.

ddnkate

Jul 11, 2018
Visit site
not sure if "find my phone" through google, and then saying you lost the phone and asking to reset would work. From computer or another device. Good luck!

this one is the best!!! Provided that you've all backed up your data! Thanks for this!!!!

Jakesdad69

Jul 21, 2018
Visit site
The factory reset worked but apparently the previous owner had it registered to her Gmail and I can't go past that. Any ideas?

Thx in advance

1love1

Aug 28, 2018
Visit site
HEY GUYS! First time replying to one of these, so apologizes if this looks weird! So my customer is currently having the SAME EXACT issue so I looked here to find a solution but looks like you guys are still stuck. Well GREAT NEWS, I found the solution for my customer! So yeah, we need the phone turned off but we can’t because it still needs the security code. Instead of powering off the device, hit “Restart Device”, the device wont need a code for that so when the device restarts and the screen turns black, hold down the Power+Volume Up+Home Button until Recovery Mode pops up.

OMG thank you sooo much!!! I really love you 😘😘

cmarte89

Sep 13, 2018
Visit site

- Sign in to this Samsung at findmymobile.samsung.com
- Select the device in your account.
- Select "Unlock" option.

When you select the "Unlock" icon, a pop-up will read:

"Unlock your phone remotely when you forget your unlock method.
If you use this function, all of the screen lock information (Pattern, PIN, Password, and Biometrics) on your phone will be deleted.

Tap UNLOCK and enter your Samsung account password to confirm."

Good Luck Pplz!

anonyuserx

Dec 20, 2018
Visit site

If you can open your phone, just take the battery out.Then you can reset it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89