Weather and clock/date widget advice please

slim6y

Jul 11, 2016
Visit site
Samsung S7 with Arrow Launcher set at a 5 x 7 icon grid.

I have tried and tried and tried to get a decent home screen widget that is in a 4 x 2, 5 x2, 5 x 3 or 4 x 3 formation suitable for the 5 x 7 grid I have set up.

Surprisingly, this is not easy.

All I want displayed is the current temperature, a graphic of the weather (like a sun or a cloud, meh, whatever), the date, the time and if possible the week number, but I can live without the latter. Extra things are a bonus and I'd even consider allowing more tiles to be removed for it.

I have tried numerous widget capable apps... too many to mention. But the one I did install and pay for is a dud! But it had all the right display variables, just a program that didn't work!

I installed Weather & Clock Widget for Android (ad free). It was perfect, except when I got up in the morning, the previous day's weather was displaying, even after several refreshes. In fact, it would not update until after midday my time. I wrote to the dev, no reply :( No updates have occurred on this program for a year (should have been my warning).

So, any advice on any widget that suits my needs?

Dooki

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
I use dashclock with chronos, lots of options and very clean. It takes awhile to get it set up but it also has backup options.
Screenshot_20170616-153547.png