New Samsung galaxy s7 crashes - no fix?

Connor Leak

Dec 23, 2018
Visit site
So I have purchased a new Samsung galaxy s7 and it keeps crashing. I have performed all troubleshooting options, like deleting cache partitions and factory resetting the phone but the issue still occurs. Now I am starting to think it might be hardware related. Any suggestions before I return the phone might help, thank you.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Is it truly brand new, or is it just new to you? Considering the S7 is close to 3 years old, it's likely that you have a used or refurbished unit, which makes it more likely that it could've been having problems with the previous owner.

Does the problem persist in Safe Mode? https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-28008

Connor Leak

Dec 23, 2018
Visit site
Well the seller company stated 'brand new' so i'd hope they're telling the truth. The problem persists, i have completely reset the phone and it still occurs.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I'd suspect they're stretching the truth a bit, unless they got their hands on some overstock from a supplier that never got sold 2-3 years ago. It's still worth booting into Safe Mode, because if the phone is automatically reinstalling some of your usual apps after each factory reset, and if one of those apps is causing the instability, then it'll seem like the factory reset doesn't do anything. But Safe Mode will cause any 3rd party app you installed to be temporarily disabled, which can help you narrow down the potential culprit.

Connor Leak

Dec 23, 2018
Visit site
okay, I've put the phone in safe mode. I will see if it still persists. If, after a while, there is no crashes what should I do to remove the app/s that cause the problem?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
That can be the tedious part. Unless you have some suspicions to start with, you may just have to uninstall apps one by one until the problem goes away.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89