Can't auto-rotate apps and no auto-rotate button

enchant1

Jul 4, 2016
Visit site
My wife and I have identical phones - Galaxy S7 active. Hers is white and mine is black. Both running Android 7 with the OS updated to the latest version. One big difference is that apps don't rotate on her phone. I know that the rotate sensor is functioning, because if she uses her phone and takes a photo, she can click on the last image and it'll re-orient itself when she rotates her phone. However, if she opens the same image using the Samsung Galaxy app, images won't rotate. Same is true for basic apps like calculator and calendar.

One other difference is that she has no auto-rotate toggle button when she pulls down the status bar from the top. I do. Is there something on her phone that might be inhibiting this?

Last edited:

enchant1

Jul 4, 2016
Visit site
Galaxy Zoo, there WAS a "Portrait" button and clicking that changed it to auto-rotate and enabled auto-rotate on my apps.

So thank you very much for that!

enchant1

Jul 4, 2016
Visit site
No, the problem is as Galactic zoo said. If you don't have auto-rotate enabled, there will be no auto-rotate button. It's called "Portrait". Once you click on it, it changes to "auto-rotate".

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo