For some time now (i beleive its over a year) i dont get notifications from some of my apps. (mostly on Facebook and youtube).
    Only when I go into the app itself i see the notification inside it.
    I want to see the notification as push on my top task bar , or as a number icon on the app icon.
    I am not using battery saver mode.
    all apps have permissions for notifications.
    On the other hand for example the mail and whatsapp apps show notifications.
    i also went through all the options in this youtube video - none of them helped (although its for Note10 its the same menus)

(Galaxy S8 , Android 9)
    09-14-2020 03:14 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Does this happen if you turn off the battery saver? Are those apps Battery Optimized in the system settings? If they are, turn optimization off.

Please register on this forum, which will allow you to engage in discussion more easily, as well as post images. https://forums.androidcentral.com/as...community.html
    09-14-2020 04:50 PM
    You using a 3rd party launcher? Or DND (Do Not Disturb)
    09-14-2020 05:35 PM
    Hi, you using a 3rd party launcher?
    Also check device care they not put to sleep?
    09-15-2020 03:09 PM
    Duplicate threads merged.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    09-15-2020 03:27 PM
    Duplicate threads merged.
    Please delete the first thread
    I wrote a mistake, also my second thread is more detailed
    09-15-2020 03:32 PM
    Hi, you using a 3rd party launcher?
    Also check device care they not put to sleep?
    No 3rd party launcher
    No sleep either
    09-15-2020 03:33 PM
    Additional data: when i go on the upper roll down menu to notification settings - - latest notifications, it shows me as if the apps did present the notifications. But they did not..
    Very wierd
    09-15-2020 03:48 PM
    I rearranged the thread a bit, deleting your original post and making your 2nd post the main one.

What about the questions I asked above?
    09-15-2020 03:57 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Does this happen if you turn off the battery saver? Are those apps Battery Optimized in the system settings? If they are, turn optimization off.

Please register on this forum, which will allow you to engage in discussion more easily, as well as post images. https://forums.androidcentral.com/as...community.html
    This was the mistake in my original post. Battery saver is off. Otimization for these apps is also off.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    09-15-2020 04:00 PM
    Ah, ok. Do you have any 3rd party "RAM booster" apps installed?
    09-15-2020 04:37 PM
    No 3rd party launcher
    No sleep either
    No DND?

Go setting>apps>3 dots upper right corner tap>rest app preference, see how that works
    09-15-2020 04:43 PM
    Ah, ok. Do you have any 3rd party "RAM booster" apps installed?
    Not that i know of.. How can i check that?
    09-15-2020 11:23 PM
    If you never installed an app that supposedly "cleans" or "boosts" your phone, then most likely you don't have one. However, sometimes apps will sneak in hidden or unwanted "features" that might include this.

Do you get proper notifications in Safe Mode? https://www.t-mobile.com/support/dev...sung-galaxy-s8. You won't be able to test 3rd party apps you installed, but I assume YouTube was preinstalled, so that should still work.
    09-16-2020 12:55 AM
    If you never installed an app that supposedly "cleans" or "boosts" your phone, then most likely don't have one. However, sometimes apps will sneak in hidden or unwanted "features" that might include this.

Do you get proper notifications in Safe Mode? https://www.t-mobile.com/support/dev...sung-galaxy-s8. You won't be able to test 3rd party apps you installed, but I assume YouTube was preinstalled, so that should still work.
    One more thing I forgot, maybe related, Youtube vanced was installed from apk, however I dont get notifications from the regular youtube app so i'm not sure its related.
    09-16-2020 12:59 AM
    It could be related. (BTW, we generally don't allow discussions about Vanced, since it violates YouTube's terms of service, so let's just leave it at that.)
    09-16-2020 01:01 AM
    If you never installed an app that supposedly "cleans" or "boosts" your phone, then most likely you don't have one. However, sometimes apps will sneak in hidden or unwanted "features" that might include this.

Ok, I tried safe mode and indeed I got a notification from youtube after a while.
    What could be the reason?

Just to say, the issue existed even before i installed the "not allowed for discussion app"..
    09-16-2020 01:13 AM
    It still suggests that something you installed is causing the interference. The challenging part now is to figure out what -- that can be tedious, because you might have to uninstall apps one by one until the problem goes away. If the issue started recently, then start with apps you recently installed or updated.
    09-16-2020 01:17 AM
    It still suggests that something you installed is causing the interference. The challenging part now is to figure out what -- that can be tedious, because you might have to uninstall apps one by one until the problem goes away. If the issue started recently, then start with apps you recently installed or updated.
    Wow.. That is challenging..
    I carry the issue for over a year, it will be very difficult to understand which is the culprut app..
    09-16-2020 01:21 AM
    How many apps do you have installed? If it isn't a huge number, you could share the list here and maybe someone might recognize one as being suspicious.
    09-16-2020 01:23 AM
    How many apps do you have installed? If it isn't a huge number, you could share the list here and maybe someone might recognize one as being suspicious.
    Dozens of apps.. Its an S8 so you can guess I own it for a while now...
    09-16-2020 01:27 AM
    But maybe its a good time for a clean-up..
    B. Diddy likes this.
    09-16-2020 01:27 AM
    So... I deleted all the games and all the apps I dont use .
    The problem is solved and i received notification from youtube !!!
    Could it be the clean master ?

anyhow , B. Diddy - thanks a lot for your support. 5 star rating from me
    B. Diddy likes this.
    09-16-2020 08:46 AM
    Aha! It very well could be Clean Master (this is why I asked before about any apps that supposedly "clean" or "boost" your phone). We always recommend staying far away from anything Cheetah Mobile makes, because (a) apps like Clean Master are unnecessary, (b) Cheetah typically throws in a lot of unwanted "features" that interfere with normal phone functioning, and (c) most importantly, Cheetah engages in a lot of shady behavior that has gotten them banned from the Play Store multiple times.

You can try reinstalling apps one by one (except for anything by Cheetah) and seeing if the problem comes back.
    09-16-2020 10:31 AM