Sprint S8 / S8+ pre-order discussion.

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Re: Sprint S8+ pre-order discussion.

Sprint has the best price for any carrier hands down , I was a coustomer for 10 years and left a month ago paid in full on all , been trying for a week to transfer back with preorder for the S8+ even went to a corporate store with 2 ids and they couldn't even transfer me back what the heck man , so I'm beyond frustrated with Sprint , and holding out for the S8 unlocked from Samsung directly . Corporate America is just to much.

durandetto

Trusted Member
Dec 3, 2009
Visit site

I like how the Sprint pre-order thread is low-key and light whereas the T-Mobile one and others are full of complaints and bellyaching. :)
Hope to have mine 2 weeks from today. Give or take.

Mav. :cool:

P.S. I love the Otterbox Symmetry series but $50?? Yikes!!
I was thinking OtterBox defender, but can't justify the price. So I'm going with these 3 for slightly less than the OtterBox.
bc7424f73f05d32313e65245bc0543f3.jpg

robber

Oct 2, 2009
Visit site

Sprint has the best price for any carrier hands down , I was a coustomer for 10 years and left a month ago paid in full on all , been trying for a week to transfer back with preorder for the S8+ even went to a corporate store with 2 ids and they couldn't even transfer me back what the heck man , so I'm beyond frustrated with Sprint , and holding out for the S8 unlocked from Samsung directly . Corporate America is just to much.

If your port out on the account was less than 45 days ago you can have the account re-instated.

It took me 2 hours on the phone, but I did it.

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site

If your port out on the account was less than 45 days ago you can have the account re-instated.

It took me 2 hours on the phone, but I did it.
I have given up on Sprint multiple phone calls , trip to the corporate store they couldn't even figure it out, it was ridiculous ,I'm over wasting my time with them!
This hole debacle started with the N7 return when they wouldn't refund my money only give me a credit.
However there phone service it self was excellent ,I just wanted to try soothing new, I have had the same mobile number for 25 years no just not willing to give it up to create a account

dmaul3300

Jan 19, 2010
Visit site

I pre ordered the silver s8+ through Sprint. I chose the option with the $10 loyalty credit. How does the loyalty credit work and how long is the credit applied to my account?

The last time I pre ordered a phone through Sprint, I got it a day before it was released in the stores. I hope the same thing happens with this phone.

smalba

May 2, 2013
Visit site

I pre ordered the silver s8+ through Sprint. I chose the option with the $10 loyalty credit. How does the loyalty credit work and how long is the credit applied to my account?

The last time I pre ordered a phone through Sprint, I got it a day before it was released in the stores. I hope the same thing happens with this phone.

I got the same deal. I think the fine print says the credit will be there until you pay off the phone .

I got the S7 edge last year a day early too.

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site

Went to a local Best Buy today for some hands on time.
I am very impressed.
It's one thing to read about it. It's a whole other world when it is in your paws.
Tall, but not too tall. I like big phones (and I can't deny) along with having normal man-hands and the S8 Plus is nearly the perfect size.
I had received a case prior and took it with me to match up and now I can see the attraction to the device.
I am saying Sprint starts shipping on the 17th and we all get them within a day or two after.

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site

Better be next day since I was forced to pay $10 for next day shipping.
True.
As the carrier has the addresses of their pre-ordered customers, they can get all the devices ready to ship on the 17th, for example, and then we all are happy on the 18th.
It's just a theory, but one that is reasonable.

durandetto

Trusted Member
Dec 3, 2009
Visit site

I would be ok with the 19th because that's my day off, but the 18th would be better because UPS doesn't show up till around 5. The 20th would suck because I work 12 hours on Thursday's​.

NeoTreo

May 17, 2016
Visit site

:mad: FOCKING Sprint

I wanted to change my pre-order from a Silver S8+ to an Orchid Gray unit.
I figured I'd have to cancel pre-order #1 and commence pre-order #2

Focking Sprint, spent TWO-hours with FOUR idiots in FOUR different countries transferring the call from department to department. Hung-up and it only took ONE-hour the next day with TWO-idiots from TWO different departments in TWO different counties to cancel pre-order #1 . I guess "Sprint is improving".

For pre-order #2 , Sprint no longer offers free shipping so you're whacked $10.

How many calls to how many idiots in how many countries will it take to get my deposit back from pre-order #1 . Easier to contact my bank and claim a fraudulent charge by Sprint for not refunding my deposit.

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site

Let me give you a tip ,always, always go thru promps to cancel service ,then you'll get to a department were they can help you with your request and not some ***** reading a script!

james702283

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site

Let me give you a tip ,always, always go thru promps to cancel service ,then you'll get to a department were they can help you with your request and not some ***** reading a script!

That's exactly what I did when I had to cancel my pre order from 3/30 because I wanted to instead buy it using the Galaxy Forever program after reviewing my phone buying habits. They were even nice enough to waive the shipping fee I paid on the original order over the phone and for some reason I didn't have to pay any taxes on the lease option like I did on the 24 month payment option.

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site

No free shipping but they are doing Free Activation, through a bill credit. Getting $30 vs $10 USD.
Sorry there was a problem.
Glad it was fixed.

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site

Out of curiosity, I went by a local independent Sprint store today but they do not have any S8 demo models out.
I fondled one at Best Buy this past weekend, so I am good.

If Sprint's listed info is correct, shipping starts one week from today, the 17th.
Can't wait.