Case or naked

Extremevl

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
Always plan to rock my phone without a case but I always end up getting one for the peace of mind. With that being said, my S7 Edge has been super durable. The S8 and S8+ are supposed to be tougher. So once again we will see.

The S8/S8+ screens are stronger since they're using Gorilla Glass 5 (Is this Gorilla Glass 5 on the Galaxy S8, or you are just happy to drop it?).

One of my biggest reasons for getting a case isn't really because I'm nervous about the glass breaking but body scratches/dents that comes from drops or sliding across concrete, asphalt, gravel, etc.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site

Extremevl

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
They used gorilla 5 on the note 7 and there were several complaints of scratching easy.

I didn't have any issues with scratches when I owned the Note 7 and actually I've never really had any issues with scratches on any phone I've had and it's been a lot over the years. I rarely drop my phones and I keep them in my front right pocket with nothing else in it so maybe that's why also?

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I didn't have any issues with scratches when I owned the Note 7 and actually I've never really had any issues with scratches on any phone I've had and it's been a lot over the years. I rarely drop my phones and I keep them in my front right pocket with nothing else in it so maybe that's why also?
I never did either, but a lot complained about it.

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Naked or clear skin. I always end up buying a couple cases, but hate them.

I do the same thing... already purchased two cheap cases and a Dbrand Skin. Going to get a Square Trade warranty and run with it naked. Then see how it goes just want to have the cases just in "case". LOL I will probably put the skin on at some point soon after I get it. I do use a wallet case for when it is in my bag at beach volleyball to protect the screen, only time I ever had a screen break it was in my bag and when I went to check my phone it was broke, my guess is the someone moved or knocked over the bag and broke it without knowing.

I used a minimal case for a while with the S7 Edge just to prevent accidental presses.

anon(9780053)

Banned
Jan 1, 2016
Visit site
ive had note 7 and s7edge dropped few times and never shattered. wo case

phones werent meant to be hockey pucks.

Last edited by a moderator:

nonie

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I bought a case a few minutes ago for 3.00 with slickldeals code.

It's Choetech Chrystal Clear Slim Hybrid. It will work till I decide on a better one.

Last edited:

Daniel Ferrara

Jan 27, 2015
Visit site
Lately, I use a case, but a minimalist one. I'm talking clear plastic so the phone is less slippery, somewhat protected, and you can still see the original design.

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
I don't understand, my Note 5 and S7E didn't feel that slippery to me, but everyone else says they are. Maybe I just have spider man like hands I should try and climb a wall or something.

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
Naked, unless there is a really thin case just to protect from scratches similar to the Peel case for the iphone. I don't like skins either.

edubb256

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I've never used cases. I use a skin instead (SlickWraps). Skins don't give much protection in the event of a fall, but the improved grip greatly reduces the chance of dropping the phone.

anon(7901790)

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
I'm hoping that 3RDi will have cases. They have cases for previous Galaxy S models. 3RDi promotes local Hawaiian artists. The website doesn't offer Samsung cases though. I've only found non-iPhone cases at the two kiosks they run here in Hawaii. I'll probably also get a Lifeproof or equivalent for stuff like camping and beach.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez