Samsung Galaxy S8 Microsoft Edition

James Falconer

Former Community Manager
Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Anyone notice the SS Galaxy S8 'Microsoft Edition'? Was reading about it over on Windows Central right here.

What do you think the thinking is here from Microsoft? Are they gearing up for a move towards Android?...

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
I believe the only reason they are doing it is because of Dex. They even included office apps with the phone.

BeyondtheTech#AC

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
FYI, it's only the AT&T variant, so if you're on any other carrier, you won't be able to use it.

The DeX dock is the Microsoft-Samsung collaboration that gives it the reason of being there, but it's not clear if it will be available for sale on the 21st.

Qc_Anubis

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site
I hate to be that guy, but does anyone even make windows phone anymore?

Exept nokia, htc used to make some but haven't seen something from them in years the only other manufacturer i'm aware that recently made one is Hp. Sadly this platform will probably end up dying if microsoft dosen't do something quick.

smvim

May 16, 2014
Visit site
Your link doesn't seem to be working. ;)

https://www.windowscentral.com/samsung-galaxy-s8-microsoft-edition-everything-you-need-know

This is the link the OP was probably referring to. Still, after perusing through it nothing really sparked any interest to me, it's just a Samsung S8 loaded up and configured with Microsoft apps and services. But considering Microsoft still has a really strong legacy market share it is notable for those who live and work in a Microsoft environment.