Anyone else having second thoughts?

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
Ah how come you can't? Locked in with another payment?
Well, I guess I could. I am on Verizon and I would only have to pay $130.00 on the DPP to upgrade.

I really want the Note 8 though, so I will be holding off for it.

I have another option, but that would involve talking my wife into trading in the iPhone 7+. If you new my wife, you would also know that is not a good option🙃

milehigherik

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
You know what, I like Samsung, but mostly for the hardware side. I have no regrets however, if the Pixel had smaller bezels, waterproofing, and wireless charging I would jump ship in a second. What I really want is the S8+ with stock android on it. Offer all the S-crap as apps and let me choose what to add..... as MKHD says S8+ Google Play edition.

I share the same exact desires. I had a pixel XL. Just needed something with ip68 at least. I'm outside a lot hiking etc.

Stickboy46#CB

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Dude, we have been using cell phones for decades now. I started out in Samsung touchscreen with the Finesse and the Caliber, then S2, Note 2, Note 4.
All these were fine WITHOUT artificial intelligence.
You don't just blindly accept what is forced down our throats because "that's just the way it is". NO ONE asked for Bixby. I for one don't want it. I don't want my Iris scanned, my face recognized, my fingerprints sensed. Samsung themselves have warned about the vulnerabilities with their own "smart TV's", this isn't tin foil hat talk, this is coming from someone who isn't ignorant. Someone who knows EXACTLY what is going on and what the end game agenda is.

You didn't ask for it.

Millions of people asked for it with their support and purchase of items like Siri, Google Home, Amazon Alexa etc etc.

You don't want new tech. Keep your old stuff. I'm sorry that a company didn't make a product to your exact specifications to the detriment of their sales. Not that hard to understand.

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Well I had so many second thoughts and been debating this purchase after handling the 8 plus again I ordered also to assist with any possibilities of inconvenience with the FPS I also purchased the Gear S3 Frontier to complete things.
So now I'm committed.
The $100 of @ BB was the seller for me and 10% off the watch..............

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Originally I planned to not even look at the phone then I saw the phone and of course I preorder the s8plus

The Phone Company

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
You didn't ask for it.

Millions of people asked for it with their support and purchase of items like Siri, Google Home, Amazon Alexa etc etc.

You don't want new tech. Keep your old stuff. I'm sorry that a company didn't make a product to your exact specifications to the detriment of their sales. Not that hard to understand.

Dude, I know numerous people with iPhones, Android devices. On top of that I see 100's of fellow commuters daily traveling glued to their screens, earphones in.
Not once in all of the past 10 or so years have I EVER seen (or heard) ANYONE "use" Siri or whatever voice assistant they have. And Buzby is NOT a voice assistant, it is baked into the phone so deep that it "writes it's own code" based on basically everything YOU do!

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
Dude, we have been using cell phones for decades now. I started out in Samsung touchscreen with the Finesse and the Caliber, then S2, Note 2, Note 4.
All these were fine WITHOUT artificial intelligence.
You don't just blindly accept what is forced down our throats because "that's just the way it is". NO ONE asked for Bixby. I for one don't want it. I don't want my Iris scanned, my face recognized, my fingerprints sensed. Samsung themselves have warned about the vulnerabilities with their own "smart TV's", this isn't tin foil hat talk, this is coming from someone who isn't ignorant. Someone who knows EXACTLY what is going on and what the end game agenda is.

So buy something else. No-one asked for google now or siri either. They seem to be doing ok.

keno101

Aug 14, 2016
Visit site
Dude, I know numerous people with iPhones, Android devices. On top of that I see 100's of fellow commuters daily traveling glued to their screens, earphones in.
Not once in all of the past 10 or so years have I EVER seen (or heard) ANYONE "use" Siri or whatever voice assistant they have. And Buzby is NOT a voice assistant, it is baked into the phone so deep that it "writes it's own code" based on basically everything YOU do!
That sounds so cool.

Tobym1982

Nov 21, 2016
Visit site
Heres my thing on bixby,what is killing me is that why all of a sudden tmits not coming straight out of the box, this is an ai people this is going to start learning from our habits listening before the update is introduced to ur phone. I have the s6 and s6 edge bot rooted an running clean on 2 diferent roms and this s8+ is something i wantwd but now i research bixby and think about im good with the s7e

miketko

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
So like a lot of people, I have the S8+ preordered and was pretty excited about it's quickly approaching release, I don't know, I guess I'm just kind of venting here, but I can't shake the feeling that I'm going to be disappointed by the S8's software, optimization, etc.

So far I've owned 4 Samsung phones. The Note 2, the S6, the Note 5 and the S7.

The Note 2 was the best phone I ever had for the first year before completely disintegrating in the second year with constant lag, freezing, etc.

The S6's battery was so bad (particularly its standby time), I ended up selling it after a month.

I loved my Note 5, until it got a media server battery drain bug after about 10 months, and my battery started dying lightning fast.

So then I went to the S7 - after reading and watching countless reviews praising it and have been nothing but disappointed. It's been slow, laggy, runs very hot, has extremely inconsistent battery life, and just doesn't feel worth the $28 + $12 in insurance I pay for it every month. It honestly feels like I might as well just be using a Moto G.

Meanwhile the android phones I've owned in between my Samsung phones, I've been very pleased with. I had the OnePlus One that performed phenomenally in every category the entire time I owned it, and the Xperia Z3 that - while the display wasn't nearly as good as a Samsung display - had the best battery life of any phone I've ever had (avg. SOT of 6.5 hours, and a max of 8.5), and never had any performance issues with it - even after it was 2 years (my wife was using it for the second year, while I was using the Note 5).

So now the S8+ looks phenomenal. I've watched a ton of hands on and reviews about it, many of which seem to dispel my concerns. They talk about how much thinner and snappier a skin Grace UI is, they talk about the strong battery life, etc. But despite all of that, I just can't shake the feeling a few months will pass, and I'll be counting down the months until I can upgrade again due to some unseen flaw or quirk in the phone.

At the same time, I tried a OnePlus 3T a couple months ago, and absolutely loves its performance. The fastest phone I've ever used by far, solid battery life, while the only real things I particularly felt were missing was waterproofing and convince of having a carrier-based insurance, tech support, etc. Still, I'm starting to feel like I might be foolish to keep going back to Samsung despite not being particularly satisfied with several of their products.

TLDR
However just try it out for less than 15 days and return it.
Make sure you check out your carriers usage limits

thecaringkind

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
None. Plan to re-map 'Crispy' er I mean Bixby as soon as I get the phone and then slapping Nova Launcher on that bad boy. That should help mitigate any Samsung needs to tighten their optimization game up blues...