The S8 may be the first phone I hold for 2 years.

ol_jackburton

Trusted Member
Feb 12, 2017
Visit site
When I bought the note 7 last year, my plan was to keep that phone until the wheels fell off. I had been on a 2 year upgrade schedule with all of my iPhones (4,5 and 6+). I am now at a point where I am buying these outright and I want to just use the damn thing as long as I can. I was really happy with the note 7 so if I am as happy with the S8+ then I will go for the long haul.

Kilroy672

Jan 30, 2016
Visit site
I've never had the same phone for 12 months in recent memory. I'm thinking the s8 will be the one I use for 2 years.
My phone history.

S8
S7
6s
S6
6+
Note 4
G2
5s
M7
Note 2
One x
Note
4s
Nexus one
3gs
3g
Treo 650
Treo 600
Dash

I remember the Dash. Heck I still have it and it still works. Just charge it up and it's ready to go...real slowwww.

anon(10206632)

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
Yeah I personally can't have two phones because I know I will use one and the other will sit for long periods of time........

Yep, that's exactly what would happen. I did that for about​ a year. It was a waste of money having 2 phones at the same time. I would rather jump phones every 6 months vs having 2 phones. Ideally, upgrading once a year is what I need to do and stop this non sense!

aokusman

May 17, 2013
Visit site
Yep, that's exactly what would happen. I did that for about​ a year. It was a waste of money having 2 phones at the same time. I would rather jump phones every 6 months vs having 2 phones. Ideally, upgrading once a year is what I need to do and stop this non sense!
I have two phones. One flagship and one cheap huawei with freedom pop data Sim in it. Keeping two flagships is a total waste of money to me.

DWS44

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
How do you all deal with two phones at the same time? Juggle two lines and two phone numbers, or just keep de-activating/re-activating between the two?

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
The v20 I got for half price so I dont feel ive wasted any money. Plus if there's anything wrong with the s8 plus I have a great backup phone. Also have 2 teenagers, one of which is due for an upgrade this year if he wants. I may give him my LG v20 to try out. Hes got an S6

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
The v20 I got for half price so I dont feel ive wasted any money. Plus if there's anything wrong with the s8 plus I have a great backup phone. Also have 2 teenagers, one of which is due for an upgrade this year if he wants. I may give him my LG v20 to try out. Hes got an S6

I know what you mean. My kids get my phones when I upgrade so I never feel like I'm just throwing money away.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I know what you mean. My kids get my phones when I upgrade so I never feel like I'm just throwing money away.
In this case, Nick said the V20 was too big so last night I got him upgraded to an S7Edge while it was on sale. Ill sell his S6 which is in amazingly good shape a year later. He always kept in a case. I gave him my otter box and other case for his new 7edge

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress