Which side do you like the back button on?

Which side do you like the back button on?

• Total voters

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
Anyway just to help kill some time until April 21, please vote in the poll and discuss your vote below.

I think this is a great idea. I'm going crazy waiting. I voted for the right side just because I'm already used to it.

KupKrazy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Of course the right side. Your backspace key on your PC keyboard is on the right side, as is the carriage return key that brings the cursor back to the left side. It doesn't make sense to have the back key on the left especially if you look from left to right. Your first button shouldn't be the back button. That's like going back before you got started! :) Samsung got it right, everyone else wrong!

redhawk24

May 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm going to put it on the left. I've been away from Samsung since the Note 4, so I'm used to the left to right standard

jb4kats

Nov 20, 2009
Visit site
The S8 is the first time I've been super plugged-in on discussing a new phone, and maybe I'm really late to the party but I'm surprised to see a lot of hate for Samsung's historical choice of having the back button on the right side of the phone. Am I the only one that likes the back button where Samsung has always had it? As a righty, it's easier for my thumb to hit a right-side back button than a left-side one, at least on the large phones I've been using since the original Note came out.

Anyway just to help kill some time until April 21, please vote in the poll and discuss your vote below.

Actually I liked it on the left where it use to be on the earlier Note models. Before when the split screen first came out the button was on the right and you tapped it and apps would open on a side panel and you'd choose from there what apps you'd want to have on split screen, it just seemed easier to me to do it that way. I'm ok with either way because I have a LG V20 and it has the on screen buttons too so I'm already use to that and no big deal

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I've used it for so long on the right, I may just leave it there. My last non-Samsung phone was the Motorola Droid.

codeda

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
I'm very excited to finally be able to put it on the left. Like others I use multiple Android devices so it will be nice to have them all the same way

Rumline

Apr 4, 2017
Visit site
Actually I liked it on the left where it use to be on the earlier Note models.
The Notes have always had it on the right. The first Note had a search button to the right of the back button, but the back button was still on the right half of the device. At least in the US...maybe other regions had different layouts?

Right has surged ahead, 14-9. And we finally have one vote for bacon!

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I don't mind either position.

I get used to them very easily. Switching back and forth between a Galaxy and my Moto Z isn't tough. for me.

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
I like the fact that Samsung included the option to switch the buttons around. If I'm not mistaken we can also change the color.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa