Who's not pre-ordering? #storepurchase

keno101

Aug 14, 2016
Visit site
So who's planning on just going to a tmoblie, Verizon, Att, or Sprint store and just picking an s8 or s8 + on or after launch? I am i pre-ordered the note 7 and hated the wait. I like swiping my card abd walking away with my purchases. Anyone else out there like me?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I could see myself doing that possibly just because the pre-order gifts don't seem that great. I am not big into phone VR so it isn't a huge draw for me.

They aren't doing the SD card unless you buy up the pre-order bundle right? Or did I miss something?

k3m1c6

Sep 11, 2014
Visit site
I bought my N5 on launch day at Verizon store. Was the first in the door and there was a Samsung rep there. She gave me a t-shirt and a pen and a desk holder!

Pre-ordered my s8 on the chance to get it before launch!

daddyd302

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Just curious why you would by pass the free gift for pre-ordering? You know you're gonna get the phone first before it's officially released right?

You hate waiting yet you're willing to wait for it to be officially released at the store? That makes no sense at all. You're waiting either way, why not get the free stuff? Even if you don't want it, you can always sell it.

Kalvin Kerns

Trusted Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
So who's planning on just going to a tmoblie, Verizon, Att, or Sprint store and just picking an s8 or s8 + on or after launch? I am i pre-ordered the note 7 and hated the wait. I like swiping my card abd walking away with my purchases. Anyone else out there like me?

With the S6 I pre ordered from Best Buy, but cancelled when people were able to walk in and buy before mine came in. I'll do the same this year if Best Buy sucks again.

durandetto

Trusted Member
Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I pre-ordered for the chance of getting it before everyone and the free gifts. Didn't use the VR much but it was cool and my son likes it. It might be a better experience with the remote. The SD card is only with the emersive bundle. I already got the SD card with my note 7 so I'll probably pass on that.

keno101

Aug 14, 2016
Visit site
Just curious why you would by pass the free gift for pre-ordering? You know you're gonna get the phone first before it's officially released right?

You hate waiting yet you're willing to wait for it to be officially released at the store? That makes no sense at all. You're waiting either way, why not get the free stuff? Even if you don't want it, you can always sell it.
I need the instant gratification of my card being charged, or swiping and then getting something for my purchase.im not waiting like everyone else. My wait is for a wide release nit checking every hour to see if my card was charged then to see if i got a shipping notification, etc, etc. Getting a phone 1 2 3 weeks before everyone else is cool bit ultimately point less we all more or less get it within the same time period. The free stuff is cool i guess but i already have a gear vr i can just buy a controller. I will say ultimately im just glad i get to watch the drama rather than participate like i did for the note 7

jeffmd

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
I am on the technically "not a pre order but priority list" for target's s8. I could pull out at any time but sadly lg isn't making any sudden moves to lure fence straddlers to its side with a kick *** discount.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Personally hate going to stores and talking to clueless T-Mobile reps whose main goal is to oversell you with accessories, insurance and other add ons. Online is the way to go.

durandetto

Trusted Member
Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Plus most stores are required to unbox the phone and activate it for you. I prefer to unbox my phone myself, it's one of my favorite parts of getting a new device.

jeffmd

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
Unboxing a phone is the most uneventful thing... especially one with a sealed back. seriously if you get a thrill from it, you need to move out of the basement or something. I mean aside from the awesome phone I get to see the craptastic charger and maybe crappy earbuds packaged with it. Not even a manual today.

The only thing im gonna request of my target mobile guy is he keep the default protector on so that I can put my own on when I get home.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site

The main reason I preordered was because Best Buy was giving $100 off the S8+, but atleast I ama guaranteed one....Walk-ins might lead to you not getting one if it sells out...but Samsung said they have prepared for that anyways

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Unboxing a phone is the most uneventful thing... especially one with a sealed back. seriously if you get a thrill from it, you need to move out of the basement or something. I mean aside from the awesome phone I get to see the craptastic charger and maybe crappy earbuds packaged with it. Not even a manual today.

The only thing im gonna request of my target mobile guy is he keep the default protector on so that I can put my own on when I get home.

The earbuds packaged with the phone are $99 AKG earphones....wouldn't really say they are crappy

k3m1c6

Sep 11, 2014
Visit site
Plus most stores are required to unbox the phone and activate it for you. I prefer to unbox my phone myself, it's one of my favorite parts of getting a new device.

I'm with you on this. I feel like it's my phone and I want to be the one to Crack open the box and admire that first look!

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
What carrier? I've been on all of them.. I just tell the rep to let me buy it and go. I say I'll do all the setup on my own and so far they let me buy / leave.

omgitselaine

Banned
Apr 10, 2016
Visit site
My local AT&T store know me quite well and would simply hand me the box , give me my " alone time " by the corner table and allow me to do all the fun unboxing and setting up the brand , spanking new phone all by myself !!!

They're always very readily available if I need them but I'd set up and transfer all my data from my old phone to the new one within the hour or so.

Once done I pack my things and simply walk out with a huge smile on my face

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87