Box seal broken and taped over - Samsung direct pre-order. AT&T version.

cooliosam

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else get your phone and see the sealed sticker on your box, but noticed that the original seal was broken, and then the a second circle sticker was placed on top of it?

Doing a Google search, it looks like Samsung has done this a lot in the past, but no official statement from them. Some theories are that the box was opened at the factory to put the barcode sticker on the back of the phone. Or it was opened to put a SIM card in there.

I pre-ordered the phone directly from Samsung, and it was the AT&T model. I guess they might have opened it to put the AT&T SIM in there and "resealed" it with the second sticker.

I chatted with Samsung about this, but all they said was to inspect the phone. And if there's anything wrong with it, then just return it for another. I'm just wondering if I return this, will I get another box with the same broken and resealed sticker?

All my past purchases from Samsung that were AT&T versions (eg. s8, Note 10) did not have this double sticker.

Picture attached where you can see the edge of both stickers. I cut the second sticker myself, which I thought was just one sticker until I looked at it closely.
20200307_111225.jpg

WizeGuyDezignz

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
I got the AT&T S20 Ultra directly from Samsung and it only has a single sticker on both sides. There was also an AT&T sim card inside. So I'm not sure why yours has double stickers.

cooliosam

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
The box and phone were still in perfect condition. I didn't see any fingerprints on the phone or anything. It can't be a used phone since it got sent to me from Samsung on launch day.

Yea, it's just odd, but searching online it seems like this has happened before on previous Galaxy phones too.

Mine is the regular s20. Just curious if anyone else experienced this.

Ishkabod

Mar 7, 2020
Visit site
Honestly I think its just a secondary quality control measure. Speaks more for their dedication to quality control in my mind then anything. Likely everything is handled by machines. If they run out of an item they might pull a certain number of sealed phones from the line to manually inspect them. They likely also have a scale that can flag any unit that might have a slight weight difference. And maybe even an xray machine. I would prefer an extra most likely machine applied sticker then missing a power cable

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174