05-16-2017 10:09 AM
1,084 ... 56789 ...
tools
    For me, I'd rather get that $130 promo code than the gear VR as I already have one for the note 7 and just buy the controller and the remainder is maybe some accessories.
    What $130 promo code?
    04-18-2017 12:35 PM
    That generally wont change until the day before release. They might have the inventory already, but the system doesn't process the "pick slips" until a day before normally. At that point you should get an email that says "Your order will be ready for pickup on April 21st"
    I get that for pickups but its a little concerning for deliveries
    Just got my email for the $50 off my S8. I was unable to get to my order status either through my account or guest. I am through Verizon and nothing has hit a credit card yet (I don't recall even giving them one) ordered on April 2. I may swing by the store and see if they can confirm, but I take the $50 coupon I just got as a good sign
    In store preorders will not go the credit card all until you actually go In to pick the phone up.
    lgossin likes this.
    Can I do a trade in after the fact? I already ordered and would want to maybe within less than 7 days trade in the S7 for credit on my order.
    Yes you can trade in at anytime. If you are doing the promo trade in discount for verizon (to make the monthly cost cheaper), you have to do it within 14 days
    04-18-2017 12:36 PM
    The email that everyone is getting is used to process the discount. Basically it's process by putting 50/100 dollar "down payment" on the installment agreement. The coupon will make it so you don't have to actually pay that. If you happen to not get one or forget it, they can print out out for the first 5 days as long as you pre-ordered before the 21st. If you try to just walk in on Day one without pre-ordering, you will not get the discount.
    That's correct. So don't lose your coupons
    Douglas Griffis and ClintRo like this.
    04-18-2017 12:36 PM
    I get that for pickups but its a little concerning for deliveries
    Yup, the one I quoted was the picture of a pick up order.

I'd expect deliveries to ship shortly. They should definitely arrive by Friday as long as there aren't unexpected delays in transit (storms, misroutes or whatever)
    04-18-2017 12:37 PM
    awesome, thanks, someone else mentioned how valuable you would be to this thread and they were right.
    It is reassuring to hear from someone in the know. This is my first bleeding edge phone I am typically more cautious, now I am getting antsy. I will probably be one of those nuts waiting for the store to open Friday (assuming I get the pick up email)
    04-18-2017 12:52 PM
    Yup, the one I quoted was the picture of a pick up order.

I'd expect deliveries to ship shortly. They should definitely arrive by Friday as long as there aren't unexpected delays in transit (storms, misroutes or whatever)
    Some people have their phones already. Come on big blue! Restore my faith! I am a Samsung Fanboy (To put it best), and Best Buy should be the first place to have anything Samsung! With the experience table and all....
    04-18-2017 12:53 PM
    Yea, BestBuy dudes... thanks for all the help!!

Edit: or Dudettes
    pirarre and 1naturalace like this.
    04-18-2017 12:54 PM
    Some people have their phones already. Come on big blue! Restore my faith! I am a Samsung Fanboy (To put it best), and Best Buy should be the first place to have anything Samsung! With the experience table and all....
    To be honest, if you want your device BEFORE launch, Best Buy isn't the best choice. Carriers break street dates with shipping more than Best Buy does. Best Buy just normally has better deals
    04-18-2017 12:57 PM
    Are you purchasing outright, or making payments to Verizon?

Also - In Store purchase, or Online purchase??
    Payments. I finally let go of my old grandfathered unlimited plan and jumped on the new unlimited plan, since my kids (now teenagers) use as much data as I do and I got tired of keeping track. It's quite a relief and now we're all happy (5 phones on unlimited and my bill is less than when everyone else in my family was on 2 GB). And now I don't have to pay full price up front to keep the plan. It was done in-store.
    04-18-2017 01:04 PM
    To be honest, if you want your device BEFORE launch, Best Buy isn't the best choice. Carriers break street dates with shipping more than Best Buy does. Best Buy just normally has better deals
    I can still hope right? haha. I'm 22 and I feel like a kid before Christmas. The days are getting longer!
    Didn't they release the s7 early?
    04-18-2017 01:11 PM
    I agree.....iPhones we (my store) never released them early at all. Galaxy S6 and S7's we released preorders a day or two early. Note 7's we didn't release early.
    04-18-2017 01:16 PM
    Early would be a nice surprise - I simply want on time at this point. Leaving to go out of town around Noon on Friday, and I want this phone to play with!
    1naturalace likes this.
    04-18-2017 01:18 PM
    I never got a email about a coupon yet and i pre ordered it online for in store pickup. I just hope i can walk in and get it on Friday as it is really going to be busy there as always for the phone.
    04-18-2017 01:23 PM
    I never got a email about a coupon yet and i pre ordered it online for in store pickup. I just hope i can walk in and get it on Friday as it is really going to be busy there as always for the phone.
    Only the people that preordered in store got the coupon because it's applied during the activation / checkout process.

Whereas if you did the online order, the $50 or $100 off is applied then.
    DWS44 and 4truegrit like this.
    04-18-2017 01:29 PM
    I haven't received an email with coupon yet either!
    04-18-2017 01:29 PM
    Only the people that preordered in store got the coupon because it's applied during the activation / checkout process.

Whereas if you did the online order, the $50 or $100 off is applied then.
    Makes sense as it shows the $100 off on the agreement already in My Verizon.
    04-18-2017 01:30 PM
    Makes sense as it shows the $100 off on the agreement already in My Verizon.
    Great
    04-18-2017 01:31 PM
    With other carriers delivering their Galaxy S8's tomorrow, I hoping we get an email telling us we can release ours as well.
    LightningGA likes this.
    04-18-2017 01:50 PM
    With other carriers delivering their Galaxy S8's tomorrow, I hoping we get an email telling us we can release ours as well.
    Anything suggest they may do that?
    04-18-2017 01:56 PM
    Are you saying that you actually have devices in the store (backroom)?
    04-18-2017 01:57 PM
    Anything suggest they may do that?
    I'm hoping they do.

Based off what they did with the Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S6 launch, they may.

But even though it's a long shot, I'm hoping
    04-18-2017 01:58 PM
    Ordered a Black s8 as it's about the same footprint as my s7 edge. Do we get the gear VR from Best Buy or is it shipped to us by Samsung? I'm very excited to get my hands on it.
    04-18-2017 02:05 PM
    Ordered a Black s8 as it's about the same footprint as my s7 edge. Do we get the gear VR from Best Buy or is it shipped to us by Samsung? I'm very excited to get my hands on it.
    You get info in the S8 package that you enter at Samsungs promo website....gonna be awhile.
    jtcannonball and 1naturalace like this.
    04-18-2017 02:06 PM
1,084 ... 56789 ...