Best Buy Pre-Orders

Lefty724

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
I was gonna preorder thru AT&T but the $100 off got me lol. I returned a S7 that I bought and put all that money down on a S8+ lol!

The BB guy told me anytime between this Friday and next Friday?!?!

This is my first time preordering thru BB so hopefully it's a great experience!

sdk_1052

Mar 8, 2016
Visit site
I was gonna preorder thru AT&T but the $100 off got me lol. I returned a S7 that I bought and put all that money down on a S8+ lol!

The BB guy told me anytime between this Friday and next Friday?!?!

This is my first time preordering thru BB so hopefully it's a great experience!

I really hope for a Friday pick up at least as I am doing in store pick up, but I am picking up at a different store then I usually do. I will be out of state this weekend and picking up where I will be! Keeping my fingers crossed!

zhingket

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I hope so too, I am half day on friday to do the store pick-up as I had a very bad experience on the note 7 having it shipped (bestbuy online), swore not to order from bestbuy anymore but that $50 discount (I ordered regular s8) compared to carriers, plus rewards points makes me go with them. Sam's club have a nice promotion but not worth the risk as they might have low stock and you won't get it on release day.

I know most people ordered the 8+, and I was about to cancel my order to change to 8+ but weighing the benefits for a bigger phone is same argument with the iphone 6 & 6+, if it is like the s7 & s7 edge or iphone 7 & 7+ the decision would be easier (bigger better), also I've had the LG V10 and sometimes its annoying that you need to fix the phone in your pocket in order to sit properly.

This is the longest 3 weeks of my 2017, and probably will happen again in August (for the note 8)

anon(26204)

May 24, 2010
Visit site
Thanks, that's what I was hoping for! I want that pleasure of doing all that setup myself!

I was supposed to get an email from best buy with a prepaid return label to send my S7 edge back to Verizon but haven't received that yet. I pre ordered on March 30th. Do you think they will send the email after I pick up the S8+?

I think you wont get the label until you actually pick up the Galaxy S8/8+. It will be emailed to you. You have 14 days from that date to return your current device.

sdk_1052

Mar 8, 2016
Visit site
I think you wont get the label until you actually pick up the Galaxy S8/8+. It will be emailed to you. You have 14 days from that date to return your current device.

Does anyone know if it has to be mailed or can I walk into a corporate Verizon store and complete the return there?

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Can I do a trade in after the fact? I already ordered and would want to maybe within less than 7 days trade in the S7 for credit on my order.

DWS44

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Assuming at this point that we won't get them earlier than Friday, I wonder if there will actually be any of the limited quantity Samsung "Promo" GearVRs left for us Best Buy folks to claim. (i.e. the promo BestBuy is still advertising to this minute)

zhingket

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Assuming at this point that we won't get them earlier than Friday, I wonder if there will actually be any of the limited quantity Samsung "Promo" GearVRs left for us Best Buy folks to claim. (i.e. the promo BestBuy is still advertising to this minute)

For me, I'd rather get that $130 promo code than the gear VR as I already have one for the note 7 and just buy the controller and the remainder is maybe some accessories.

sdk_1052

Mar 8, 2016
Visit site
It depends ...

I know I tell people to ship them in because our local VZW corporate stores refuse to take them.

I guess I will check the store first then mail right away if they don't take it. They have taken the trade ins at the store for me before, so will see!

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I am actually getting Verizon to reset my upgrade as I type this... And then I will order for pickup at Bestbuy as well :).

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Looking to save some $$$

The extra $100 doesn't hurt. I also have a trade in that will help out. It will be a win win. Also picking up at BB is better since I don't have to worry about being home (if I had it sent there) and no one being there to sign for it.

sdk_1052

Mar 8, 2016
Visit site
The extra $100 doesn't hurt. I also have a trade in that will help out. It will be a win win. Also picking up at BB is better since I don't have to worry about being home (if I had it sent there) and no one being there to sign for it.

They money off is really nice! Hopefully they release on time!

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
They money off is really nice! Hopefully they release on time!

If you ordered in time and were quoted on the release date I wouldn't worry. The forums get hectic around this time and everyone freaks out if they don't see it moving early. If it becomes Thursday and nothing that is when I would raise the eyebrow and question if it will make it but not today :p.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38