Registration for "immersive Gear VR experience for $99" - How did it Go

echo_808

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I just got off the phone with the Samsung promotions department (855-SAM-USA1)...she said that since I purchased the phone through the carrier, they (Sprint) are supposed to send the email with the link to purchase the bundle (which according to everything I've seen online, is simply not true).

At this point, I'm just going to take the headset & controller, and call it a day.
Hmm...ill be stopping by TMo later for another matter. I'll ask them about this.

philly

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
I just got off the phone with the Samsung promotions department (855-SAM-USA1)...she said that since I purchased the phone through the carrier, they (Sprint) are supposed to send the email with the link to purchase the bundle (which according to everything I've seen online, is simply not true).

At this point, I'm just going to take the headset & controller, and call it a day.

when I went to the registration page it had two options. I didn't click on the $99 bundle one but I assume it would have worked like the vr button ?

is it not working that way?

Kalelfromkrypton

Apr 13, 2017
Visit site
I managed to contact samsung. I gave up on phone as I was on hold for over an hour (!) but managed to contact them via their chat system (after waiting for 45mins)
Here is tha chat:

shawn : I got the registration confirmation for my Galaxy S8 promotion.
Sireesha M: Hello, Shawn.
shawn : After I registered it said upon approval I'd get a link to purchase the 99 dollar immersive bundle in the email. I chose that option during registration, but my approvval email does not have a link to get the 99 dollar bundle
Sireesha M: I will be right with you.
Sireesha M: Please give me a few minutes to review the information you have shared.
Sireesha M: I see that you need the information regarding the 99$ bundle registration.
shawn : yes. i got the email saying my registration was approved. and said my free Gear VR was on the way. thats great, but I do not have the option to purchase the 99 dollar bundle that has wireless headphones and memory card. I chose that option during registration, and it said id get link in approval email. my approval email did NOT have a link to purcahse it
Sireesha M: Not to worry, Shawn. you will receive the email with the payment link with in 24 - 48 hours from the registration.
Sireesha M: As your purchase is confirmed you will be receiving the email with the payment link in a shorter time.
shawn : So the email with a payment link is a seperate email then saying my registration is approved? im just a little confused as other people have said that the purchase link was in the same email as their approval
Sireesha M: Yes, you will receive a separate email with the payment link in it.
shawn : Ok. I submitted my regustration yesterday. got the approval email today for my free gear VR, and another email will come in a day or so to purchase the 99 dollar bundle?
Sireesha M: Not to worry about the 99$ bundle.
Sireesha M: Yes, you are exactly correct.
shawn : OK. I was looking forward to grabbing the 99 dollar bundle, I know it was limited quantity. I did not want to miss it
Sireesha M: As you have already registered for the 99$ bundle, you will shortly receive the payment link too.
shawn : Are you able to see in the system that the 99 dollar bundle was chosen during registration? I know some people had issues with the website early in the day yesterday. I just don't want to miss it due to a system glitch
Sireesha M: We at Live chat, don't have the option to check for the status as per the security issues.
shawn : Ok. But I will get a seperate email with purchase link then?
Sireesha M: Yes, Shawn. You will receive the email with the payment link.
shawn : OK. Thats all I needed to know.

Well...not sure how much faith I place in this...but she seemed certain that I will get ANOTHER email with purchase link. This is not consistant with what some people have gotten, but it seems like this entire promo process hasn't been consistant. I'll update if I get another email.

I've initiated a chat with them and I'm waiting for a chat rep. I'm going to ask them about this to see if they say the same thing your rep said. I'll post the transcripts.

jamezr

Trusted Member
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Just got my approval email from Samsung for the Gear VR bundle and was able to buy the headphones by AKG and a 256GB memory card for just $99! :)

theelite1x87

Trusted Member
Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
Clicking the 99 dollar bundle works the same but it then tells you you'll receive a link in your approval email to purchase. I did this. My approval email did not contain a link. Samsung chat rep told me my link should come in a separate email later. This contradicts what o.j. 've read other people got but we shall see. I'm personally not too hopeful..

redhawk24

May 17, 2011
Visit site
Got the approval email with the link to buy the $99 pre-order bundle. However, I was getting the same message when I clicked the link saying the item couldn't be added to the cart. After sitting on hold for an hour waiting to talk to a Samsung CS rep, I thought **** it and tried to poke around in the Shop Samsung App to see if I could buy it that way. I'll post screenshots of my process to see if I can help anyone else get theirs!

Attachments

• 9528.jpg
    9528.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 28

Kalelfromkrypton

Apr 13, 2017
Visit site
Got the approval email with the link to buy the $99 pre-order bundle. However, I was getting the same message when I clicked the link saying the item couldn't be added to the cart. After sitting on hold for an hour waiting to talk to a Samsung CS rep, I thought **** it and tried to poke around in the Shop Samsung App to see if I could buy it that way. I'll post screenshots of my process to see if I can help anyone else get theirs!

My email looks completely different. Sigh. I'm hoping that the convo that 1×87 had earlier and what the rep said was true and not just the rep blowing smoke. :(

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170420-162330.jpg
    Screenshot_20170420-162330.jpg
    206.5 KB · Views: 25

Dualmonitors

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
may i ask how come everyone received an EMAIL confirmation?

i filled out the online form and received a last page saying that i'm confirmed and that i'll receive the GearVR in 6-8 weeks. however, i only managed to take a screenshot of that "confirmation page" as i thought it would be wise to have some proof that that's what it told me!!

nonetheless, it worries me now that i never received a confirmation email afterwards!

Kalelfromkrypton

Apr 13, 2017
Visit site
may i ask how come everyone received an EMAIL confirmation?

i filled out the online form and received a last page saying that i'm confirmed and that i'll receive the GearVR in 6-8 weeks. however, i only managed to take a screenshot of that "confirmation page" as i thought it would be wise to have some proof that that's what it told me!!

nonetheless, it worries me now that i never received a confirmation email afterwards!

Go on samsungpromotions.com and click on the Check gift status and enter your email address and it will take you to the status of your claim.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
How long did it take for you guys to get a confirmation email? I submitted the claim for the free VR only. Was approved immediately however I have not received a confirmation email. Tried to check my status on their site and it still hasn't updated.
I submitted earlier Friday and still haven't gotten an email confirmation

jcthorne#AC

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I registered via the web site and selected the 99 bundle. I have received no approval email. Status of offer on the web site just shows information for a promo from 2 years ago. I tried to register again and it says the IMEI is no longer valid. This is turning into a classic bait and switch scam. My prediction at this point is there are going to be tens of thousands stiffed on this offer and Samsung is going to play hell in the media over it.

I am going to contact Sprint directly on monday and expect them to make good on the offer THEY made. May just give them the phone back. They are already being discounted below pre order pricing. If I am not going to get the promo for preorder, why should I pay the price.

theelite1x87

Trusted Member
Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
Email I got looks exactly like one that kale got. The other shots looks like they were from Samsung shop app I think. I did'nt use that. Probably should have in hind sight...

TemporalBeef

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
For Verizon pre-order people....

What did you use for the Date of Purchase field on the promo site? The order process date, preorder date, or the ship date?

theelite1x87

Trusted Member
Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm Tmobile here, but for purchase date I believe you should put in date you preordered it on the website/in store. In my case I preordered on the 12th, processed on the 14th, shipped on 19th. 12th is the day I actually "bought" it. So i picked that

kalel114

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Sprint customer here . I pre-ordered on the 30th,but the invoice I received said the order was placed on 4/14. I used the 14th on the promotion page. I registered yesterday, but not for the $99 package, just the free Gear VR and controller. Just got my confirmation email that I was approved. Took 24 hours to get it. Not sure if this helps anyone.

cmb713

Aug 30, 2015
Visit site
Just registered after getting the AT&T promo. I'll wait a week and return the device if I don't get the opportunity to pay the $99 for the promo before my 14 day period. Surely Samsung won't screw up again? I'll just be patient for now.

echo_808

May 12, 2013
Visit site

So talked to TMo. They said it's all Samsung. They have nothing to do with it, just bring up the promo. They paper they even give says what to do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez