Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
287875d1cb24716bfb1826e8f4338e11.jpg
Finally movement hopefully it will all be caught up with it being launch day

mikef91

Trusted Member
Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
I registered on Wednesday afternoon after I got home from work. I heard nothing for 2 days and had given up hope. This morning I awoke to an email saying my promotion had been approved with the link to order. I went into the Shop Samsung app, and on the home page of the app was the promotion with a buy now link. Submitted payment via Samsung Pay through the app and received the ordered confirmation email seconds later. It looks like they are also giving 2-day shipping through FedEx free. I think these are coming sooner than the 6-8 week typical waiting period.

karmamule

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
After a bit of a round-trip, my order for the 99 package went through:

• Ordered my S8 from T-Mo, it arrived on Wednesday.
  • Last night tried to use SHOP app, attached photo of order acknowledgement, but when submitting got "network error .... broken pipe" (funny error to get on 4/20...)
  • Tried using web site, it said my IMEI/MAC Address combo was not eligible
  • Called Samsung, chatted with rep, got put on hold for promotional group, while on hold read on this thread about massive wait times so gave up
  • Went back to SHOP app, this time saved my e-mail order receipt as PDF and did 'attach PDF' option instead of picture, it went through and it said my registration was complete but I had to wait for approval. (That was around 9pm last night)
  • This morning got into work and saw I had email 'Registration approved' with a BUY link (whew....) so followed that
  • Starting filling out order for 99 bundle, near point of confirmation I noticed I wasn't actually logged in to Samsung site so logged in. That took me away from the pending order, tried following BUY link again, was told that my promo code had been used.
  • Waited a couple minutes, followed buy link again, and it must have realized the order didn't actually happen because no problem this time, finished order, got e-mail acknowledgement.

So, after a few tense moments it looks like all is set to go.

Last edited:

philly

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
So free $150 IF you planned on buying that much memory anyhow or can sell it on eBay. Personally 64 GB is overkill for me using Google drive. I think some of you are stressing yourselves too much. Headphones are on Amazon prime for $120 and found the memory card for $99 on eBay. If you planned on buying both and can get the deal with it much stress it's a great deal still.

Edit: just checked and my status is approved now, just the VR. Registered yesterday

Ageeb

Dec 19, 2015
Visit site
For the ones the offer worked for, how long did it take between the time you got the order number email and the follow up email saying it's been shipped?

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
FINALLY got the email last night and ordered the $99. bundle. The email came a little over 24 hours after registering with the shop Samsung app. What a nightmare. :(

JohnJohn_D

Apr 4, 2015
Visit site
Received my 'Registration Received" email at 12:34 am last night.

Whats weird is i registered via the app on 4/19 at 10:34pm but the check status page shows they received 4/21/2017. Maybe there is just a extreme lag/mix up in their systems that are delaying registrations from reaching the right place quickly.

Hopefully its approved soon so i can order my bundle!

athenatp

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I registered on 4/19 around 7pm. Got the email this morning at 1AM. Purchased the bundle around 6:30 AM. I guess they are working the kinks out. So I believe everyone will be approved at one point. I really want the headphones. I have 2 SD cards and a Gear Vr that is brand new from Note 7. I buy soo many Samsung electronics, I always get all their promos...lol. I have extra sitting. I'm gonna prepare for x-mas with Samsung this year....lol. The headphones are $120 on Amazon with good reviews. That alone is worth the bundle.

williejr185

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I did 2 phones on the same order. First one I just got the "Please wait 2 weeks for a review" email. The 2nd one I got the buy link on. No idea why the first one would require review.

I got the "2 week review" email last night too. So of course when I checked my status it says "under review" with no option to buy the bundle on the web or in the app. My question now is, has anybody that received the "2 week review" email been approved yet?

thoots

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site
So, what do you suppose will suffice for the "receipt" if you bought your phone from Best Buy? I have several things that I was given for the pre-order, e-mails, and so on.... By all means, let me know what worked for you, if anyone has done it yet.

Thanks!

Redneckdebutante

Apr 21, 2017
Visit site
The first time I used my computer to register for the promo and it said I wasn't eligiblr. I bought mine from Best Buy. So I tried it from the new phone using the Samsung app and voila it worked.

belgarath103

Apr 21, 2017
Visit site
Mine went smooth except for it took 30 hours to approve and get the link to buy.

My friend got the approval mail, then no link, finally he checked his spam e-mail folder and the link to buy was there, seems some e-mail services will let you see the approval then treat the e-mail to purchase as SPAM

He ordered registered by web, I did through app
Both sprint.

He attached his lease contract, i attached my shipping invoice that came in the box with the phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty