What keyboard are you using?

novasquid

May 5, 2014
Visit site
The BlackBerry keyboard works in most password fields (that allow pasting a value) -- but you have to backspace out the trailing space.
Strangely it's not working for me. I just tried to login to amazon using my S8 chrome browser and it wouldn't do the substitution in either the username or password fields. :( it does work in the Messaging app though.

the_munc_e

Apr 3, 2017
Visit site
Well, I was about to make this thread, then scrolled down. I'm always making typos on the samsung keyboard. And the predictive text and autocorrect sucks.

anon(5990673)

Apr 23, 2017
Visit site
Yes it is the Blackberry Keyboard, I haven't used samsung kb or Gboard so I cannot explainthe difference.
Coming from Blackberry I found this to be a very useful and handy feature when typing out huge emails or messages.

bolski

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
SwiftKey is what I always use. I sometimes switch to gboard when a new release comes out but I always go back to SwiftKey. No other keyboard auto caps correctly in any input box type other than SwiftKey. It always auto caps correctly no matter where I type. And it's just now accurate in my typing.

tattooed4515

Apr 20, 2017
Visit site
I like the Samsung keyboard. Just suck typing on it for some reason lol. Was reading this thread earlier and seen everyone talking about Gboard so I downloaded it and gave it a shot. I was able to set it up to look similar to the Samsung keyboard, which I like. Also love that I can change the theme of the keyboard. Finally have the black keyboard I always wanted with no borders on the keys.

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I think the only thing that I really like about the stock keyboard is that it will suggest my entire email address after I type a letter or two and it has a .com button. Its overall accuracy is horrible though so I gave up on using it and am using Gboard.

zyad

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I think the only thing that I really like about the stock keyboard is that it will suggest my entire email address after I type a letter or two and it has a .com button. Its overall accuracy is horrible though so I gave up on using it and am using Gboard.
BlackBerry keyboard learns and suggests email addresses. No .com button though

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
I like the Samsung keyboard. Just suck typing on it for some reason lol. Was reading this thread earlier and seen everyone talking about Gboard so I downloaded it and gave it a shot. I was able to set it up to look similar to the Samsung keyboard, which I like. Also love that I can change the theme of the keyboard. Finally have the black keyboard I always wanted with no borders on the keys.

Does gboard have the option like the stock Samsung one to choose the user defined button to use clipboard, emoji or settings. I use clipboard quite a lot and like being able to set that hot key as clipboard.

rkirshner

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
downloaded the BB keyboard yesterday it is fantastic takes a bit to learn i hated the samsung and gboard . just so inaccurate or i was inaccurate
i do find that my battery life is a little worse now .. has anybody else seen this
thanks

the_munc_e

Apr 3, 2017
Visit site
Since downloading gboard, I'm a lot more accurate in my typing and I find the autocorrect works way better. That's the biggest thing about the Samsung keyboard.

One thing I really liked about iPhone was the keyboard over Android, but not anymore. Gboard is the way to go, but I don't really have experience with a bunch of different ones.

zyad

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I suppose if it suggests email addresses then I don't need the .com button. :)
But can you swype type on it?

Yes it does do Swype.
Another tip for those using the Blackberry Keyboard:
To access numbers and symbols quicker, instead of clicking the symbols button, just swipe down on the keyboard to cycle through.
And long-pressing a letter brings alternates characters from different languages (e.g. a vowel with a german umlaut, or french accents).

T48

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Finally switched from stock Samsung to Gboard. Once you go into the settings & choose what matters to you makes all the difference in the world. Like adding a dedicated row for numbers or having long press symbols etc. Not going back. The glide or swipe typing is much better than stock too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress