Navigation bar auto hide?

swatguy51

Mar 6, 2016
Visit site
Is there anyway to have the navigation bar minimize after a short time? It gets in the way of some of the apps like messages plus from Verizon. I am constantly hitting the home button instead of the space bar. Also having it displaying all night while using a digital clock at my bed side. The white of the buttons are really bright at night. I am worried about burn in with having them on all night. This should be some kind of setting that makes it goes away and then come back with a swipe or something.

Jason Fournier1

May 22, 2014
Visit site
I can't help but think it would be better to have capacitive buttons for back, home, and app switch and increase the bottom bezel by 1 or 2 mm. Then use whole bottom the screen. Most of my apps reserve a large space for these buttons which basically returns the phone to the same bottom bezel size of the s7, if not larger.

martyna_mj

Sep 10, 2016
Visit site
Is there anyway to have the navigation bar minimize after a short time? It gets in the way of some of the apps like messages plus from Verizon. I am constantly hitting the home button instead of the space bar. Also having it displaying all night while using a digital clock at my bed side. The white of the buttons are really bright at night. I am worried about burn in with having them on all night. This should be some kind of setting that makes it goes away and then come back with a swipe or something.

Samsung released update enabling to hide navigation button when not in use, I'm sure it will reach you soon ☺️

Qc_Anubis

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site
Can you tell me where I would find the setting for this? Thanks.

The update is not out for everyone yet. I for one didn't have it as of now. Note that this update also restricts your ability to choose a color for the navigation bar (ie : they mostly allow pastel like colors that aren't very dark).If you had that update should be in settings,display,navigation bar.

deadbeatles

May 2, 2017
Visit site
The update is not out for everyone yet. I for one didn't have it as of now. Note that this update also restricts your ability to choose a color for the navigation bar (ie : they mostly allow pastel like colors that aren't very dark).If you had that update should be in settings,display,navigation bar.

Ah, thanks. I guess I didn't get the update.

Jun 16, 2017
Visit site

You have to receive the June 1,android security patch level update then proceed to setting, display, navigation bar

Qc_Anubis

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site
You have to receive the June 1,android security patch level update then proceed to setting, display, navigation bar

I already knew about the june security patch but that's not what the whole update is about. It's more about the stock immersive mode + color restrictions on the navigation bar. Also as someone just above you commented it's only for exynos models atm and i'm in canada so snapdragon here.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty