Otterbox Symmetry Case

Kalvin Kerns

Trusted Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
Man, I like this case, seems to work well with my Zagg InvisibleShield Glass Curve screen protector, but it's heavy! I'm used to using a clear tpu case on my phones that's light and almost not there and this is a huge change.

But I can recommend it other than the fact that it's heavy. Think I'll give my Spigen Hybrid clear case a try in a day or so to compare.

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
Man, I like this case, seems to work well with my Zagg InvisibleShield Glass Curve screen protector, but it's heavy! I'm used to using a clear tpu case on my phones that's light and almost not there and this is a huge change.

But I can recommend it other than the fact that it's heavy. Think I'll give my Spigen Hybrid clear case a try in a day or so to compare.

Caseology has some great cases that work well with zagg glass. There are also some discount codes on the main page for amazon.

ShinyTop

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I tried a couple clear cases or cases with clear back. They required too much cleaning to show off the Orchid Gray. I bought a Supcase with frosted back. Has a lot of protection and the frosted back does not show fingerprints.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I've always felt the symmetry case was lighter than both the commuter and defender. I have the commuter on my phone now and I can feel a difference.

jerrycau123

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site
I selected the Defender case for the protection, after applying the case on my S8 plus, I relized that this is not the best case for my everyday use. I plan on using the Gear vr, on a regular basis, and the Defender case is a pain in the butt to remove, due its enter plastic casing!...
The Defender case is a great case but if you change or remove the case on a regular basis, go with another case.

justin1578

Nov 7, 2010
Visit site
I love my s7 edge symmetry case. I picked it up for $20 plus tax, not sure I'd get any case for $50 unless it was 100% protection.

Kalvin Kerns

Trusted Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
I've always felt the symmetry case was lighter than both the commuter and defender. I have the commuter on my phone now and I can feel a difference.

I looked at both of those, but went with the Symmetry because I don't like those little covers on the headphone jack etc and because it seemed the slimmest.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Let me know how the buttons are to push when you get the case. I have one also and the buttons are a little hard to push, doable but my speck clear case buttons are easy to push.

mlblack16

Apr 29, 2016
Visit site
I used this case on my S7 Edge. That combo was heavy AF. I also noticed the inside top/bottom of the symmetry case for the S7 stood out a little more than this one, which was nice because it gave better protection if laying the phone screen side down.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
But isn't that near what the defender costs? I thought the symmetry was closer to the bottom of the totem pole in price and protection vs defender and commuter? That really is kinda steep.
The symmetry is just as good as the commuter and defender as far protection goes in my opinion. It's saved my s 7 edge many times and I didn't think it would. I agree about the price though.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
The symmetry is just as good as the commuter and defender as far protection goes in my opinion. It's saved my s 7 edge many times and I didn't think it would. I agree about the price though.
I know the screen is not protected on the symmetry, niether is the screen edge. If you look at the phone from the sides you will see the screen sits higher then the case, which most cases are that way because of the curved screen. I have the symmetry and its a nice case, I have to return it because the phone gets loose in the case and you can feel the phone move. I bought the following case to tide me over, but it's growing on me and the edge is protected. The case sits higher then the screen and you still have access to the edge features.

Speck Products Presidio Clear Cell Phone Case for Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus - Clear/Clear https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06W55K72...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5785440