Verizon Galaxy S8 Verizon Visual Voicemail

Zorrak

Mar 28, 2015
Visit site
Every time I play a message then put the phone to my ear, when the screen goes black the message pauses. What would make this happen? Do I have a setting not set right?

Rumline

Apr 4, 2017
Visit site
Mine started doing that since the Nougat update on my S6 Edge. Haven't been able to figure anything out yet. Other than the fact that it's super annoying.

Mike1117

Apr 1, 2015
Visit site
Mine started doing that since the Nougat update on my S6 Edge. Haven't been able to figure anything out yet. Other than the fact that it's super annoying.

Yes, I had the same problem on my S6 edge as well. If possible I just use speaker phone to listen to the message but that is not always practical.

Misterb

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Suppose until they release an update to the app to fix it, we'll need to use speakerphone or a Bluetooth headset to listen to messages

llamee

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
Found some more info out in this thread.

https://community.verizonwireless.com/thread/914794?start=90&tstart=0

Seems like turning off certain Samsung Pay options is a temporary fix. Use Favorite Cards and/or Manage Favorite Cards.
Hopefully Verizon and Samsung figure something out.

I have no favorite cards and all the "Use Favorite Cards" selections off and so far Voicemail is working

Turned off the favorite card on the home screen option in Samsung Pay and that fixed it. Thank you!

dabaum

May 6, 2010
Visit site
I have the same issue with mine and I changed the Samsung Pay settings but it still stops playing when the screen goes off due to the proximity sensor. However, this is a non issue for me due to the fact that I can't stand talking on a phone holding it to my face. I always use a Bluetooth device or speaker phone if I have too. I just decided to add my phone to the pot as a test subject for y'all. Hope they get a fix out soon.

i-see-you

May 8, 2015
Visit site
For those that attempt to disable a specific setting and it fails, just disable ALL favorite card settings and its fixed. For my S8+ I had to disable ALL samsung favorite card settings for it to finally work.

Zorrak

Mar 28, 2015
Visit site
So far it looks like the new updates to samsung pay fixed it. I turned my favorite cards back on and VVM is working

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress