Anyone use Samsung Pay a lot?

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I use it all the time. It's fantastic! Everywhere I go the cashier says it won't work and it works like a charm most of the time.

I was at the tiger game last week and the dumb *** at the concessions said we don't take that. I said I bet it works. She says no. I tried it and she says nope. I said try again. She says nope. So I ended up paying cash. I get to my seat and I see it went through and processed two payments. Unreal!!!

I spent almost 30 mins explaining what happened to three different supervisors. None of them believed me that it worked. The last guy, some high up, said he's never heard if it. I showed him the charges. He was like I don't think it worked, but I'll give you cash to make this go away. Seriously!??

Happened to me at Chipotle. Only works best for terminals where you get to swipe your card yourself.

11B1P

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I use Samsung Pay mainly for all my rewards cards.

I don't have any rewards cards set up. How do they work? Same as a cc? Do you scan the terminal just like you do when making a payment?

Oops, I do have my Sams Card entered. I had forgotten all about it.

Mitoman5

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I used to use it all the time. To many times the fingerprint sensor doesn't work or the app is so delayed it's embarrassing. I've slowly moved back to my physical cc.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I think it's for each use not each dollar, so u get the same amount of points whether u buy something $5 or $50
Yes it's simply based on transactions. Dollar amounts don't matter. I have platinum status so I get 40 pts per transaction. Whether it's a typical $2 Starbucks or like back in December when I used it for my $1500 motorcycle, each transaction was 40 points

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
My 1st failure, was one of those little square plug in card reader on a iPad at a business, they wanted to swipe my bank card I declined don't trust those little readers paid cash instead

pinkivy98

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
There is going to be a day, in the not so distant future, you won't even need to carry around a wallet or purse anymore. Well, I take that back, you will always be carrying your purse around with you😊

I've been using Spay since I bought the S7 & gear S2 July last year. Still using it with my S8+ & gear S3. I love it. Spay is used for 8 out of 10 of my purchases. I wish I was able to add my department store credit cards.

I have stopped using my purse. I keep my driver's license & a spare cc in a compartment in the cellphone case.

pinkivy98

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
I used it everytime I get a chance (back when I had my S7 of course). Some cashiers think you're running some type of scam. Costco lady was like "Oh we don't accept Apple pay here". I'm like "No this is Samsung pay!" Too bad it doesn't work at gas stations and Chipotle.

Fun fact: Samsung pay is more secure than using your credit or debit card; each time you pay it is tokenized, the merchant will never see your real card number. Credit card hackers will not be able to have your info.

It works at Chipotle. Used it today. Has worked at different locations. The cashiers never think it will work until I hold the phone beside the screen where they swipe the card. Even the manager is astonished that it works.

pinkivy98

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
My 1st failure, was one of those little square plug in card reader on a iPad at a business, they wanted to swipe my bank card I declined don't trust those little readers paid cash instead

It definitely works with the square plug in card reader. It takes awhile for it to transmit so I leave the phone near the square until the cashier let me know it went through.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo