Gear S3 users......

Keith Molloy

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Can i ask anyone that owns the gear S3 and particularly those that own the S8 with it. My understanding is that the Gear S3 has good battery life but what affect does it have on the phones battery life? Does your phone drain quicker? If its constantly connected to your phone then surely your phones screen on time is gonna suffer??

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Can i ask anyone that owns the gear S3 and particularly those that own the S8 with it. My understanding is that the Gear S3 has good battery life but what affect does it have on the phones battery life? Does your phone drain quicker? If its constantly connected to your phone then surely your phones screen on time is gonna suffer??

Can't really see too much of a difference when my phone is connected or not to the Gear S3, I mean logic says that it should affect phone's battery life but to me is kind of like having the AOD on, it consumes battery life but not something that you even clearly notice.

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Well I'm on a S7 as stated above I don't see any difference, I was going to post a pic of battery usage but it doesn't even show a %, having the watch and phone is a great combo completely happy with the watch S3 frontier since you have the latest and greatest phone might want to consider waiting for the S4 watch personally I would jump on it.
I got mine on sale at BB for $299 a month ago no regrets

DX9

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
I'm getting 2 days on my Frontier S3. Love it. You can change the watch faces anyways to get one with battery %. I don't notice any difference in battery life on S8+. Been a great combo

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I have an S3 Frontier and S8Plus. I haven't noticed any abnormal drain. Watch and phone both have great battery life. I don't keep them connected all day though. Kind of portions of day here and there. Love them both

Keith Molloy

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
I dont understand how your all not seeing any difference? I mean the phone needs to be connected to bluetooth 24/7 pretty much so surely thats gotta drain the phones battery somewhat??

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I dont understand how your all not seeing any difference? I mean the phone needs to be connected to bluetooth 24/7 pretty much so surely thats gotta drain the phones battery somewhat??

Like I previously explained it may be a difference but it's negligible, kind of having AOD on. Who knows, maybe Samsung do optimize their products after all. ;)

What you are not taking in consideration is that by having the watch you avoid having to use your phone for every single notification and message you receive, for me and the amount of emails I receive daily, that alone is a benefit for my phone's battery life.

Keith Molloy

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Like I previously explained it may be a difference but it's negligible, kind of having AOD on. Who knows, maybe Samsung do optimize their products after all. ;)

What you are not taking in consideration is that by having the watch you avoid having to use your phone for every single notification and message you receive, for me and the amount of emails I receive daily, that alone is a benefit for my phone's battery life.

True! Any idea when the S4 is out??

Keith Molloy

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Not really, but I paid $289 for this one brand new just at the beginning of last month, so I hope it doesn't get outdated that fast...

Wow thats a steal! Here in ireland they are retailing in Argos for 470 euro although they seem to be 400 euro in most places which would be the equivalent of just under 500 us dollars!! Very expensive

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
Wow thats a steal! Here in ireland they are retailing in Argos for 470 euro although they seem to be 400 euro in most places which would be the equivalent of just under 500 us dollars!! Very expensive

I've seen a s3 frontier in my local Game Highstreet Store for £300 used which I think is around €348.

For me personally the s3 is just a tad too large for my wrist.

I'm looking at the s2 classic.

Anyone any rumoured specs on the size of the s4 ?

wrich2005

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
I have a S3 frontier and an S8 plus. I've always looked at it like this. Any drain in battery from having the watch connected is negated by checking my phone less often since the watch is giving me a lot of my emails, fb notifications, etc. I obviously still use my phone when I need to but less when its a junk notification that doesn't require any action, and just handle it on the watch

Kalvin Kerns

Trusted Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visit site

Ouch, I paid $350 in the US (Amazon) at launch. I think that's the standard US price.

arunma

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site

That's true, but Bluetooth is meant to be a low-power form of connectivity. Speaking from my own experience, I keep my watch connected pretty much 24/7, and I don't notice any difference in battery life. I'd expect that the loss of battery life from having your watch connected all day should be barely noticeable.

afh3

May 15, 2015
Visit site
I believe that the reduction of my phone's screen-on-time that I obtain through the use of the watch to handle notifications will actually extend - and not reduce - the total phone-battery duration on a per-charge basis.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89