Can i ask anyone that owns the gear S3 and particularly those that own the S8 with it. My understanding is that the Gear S3 has good battery life but what affect does it have on the phones battery life? Does your phone drain quicker? If its constantly connected to your phone then surely your phones screen on time is gonna suffer??
    05-19-2017 04:54 PM
    Can i ask anyone that owns the gear S3 and particularly those that own the S8 with it. My understanding is that the Gear S3 has good battery life but what affect does it have on the phones battery life? Does your phone drain quicker? If its constantly connected to your phone then surely your phones screen on time is gonna suffer??
    Can't really see too much of a difference when my phone is connected or not to the Gear S3, I mean logic says that it should affect phone's battery life but to me is kind of like having the AOD on, it consumes battery life but not something that you even clearly notice.
    05-19-2017 05:05 PM
    Well I'm on a S7 as stated above I don't see any difference, I was going to post a pic of battery usage but it doesn't even show a %, having the watch and phone is a great combo completely happy with the watch S3 frontier since you have the latest and greatest phone might want to consider waiting for the S4 watch personally I would jump on it.
    I got mine on sale at BB for $299 a month ago no regrets
    05-19-2017 05:08 PM
    Yeah i may actually wait for the S4. When is that coming out?
    05-19-2017 05:11 PM
    I'm getting 2 days on my Frontier S3. Love it. You can change the watch faces anyways to get one with battery %. I don't notice any difference in battery life on S8+. Been a great combo
    05-19-2017 05:28 PM
    I'm getting 2 days on my Frontier S3. Love it. You can change the watch faces anyways to get one with battery %. I don't notice any difference in battery life on S8+. Been a great combo
    My usage is the same.
    05-19-2017 06:38 PM
    I have an S3 Frontier and S8Plus. I haven't noticed any abnormal drain. Watch and phone both have great battery life. I don't keep them connected all day though. Kind of portions of day here and there. Love them both
    05-19-2017 06:44 PM
    I dont understand how your all not seeing any difference? I mean the phone needs to be connected to bluetooth 24/7 pretty much so surely thats gotta drain the phones battery somewhat??
    05-19-2017 08:08 PM
    I can't tell a difference at all.
    05-19-2017 09:04 PM
    I dont understand how your all not seeing any difference? I mean the phone needs to be connected to bluetooth 24/7 pretty much so surely thats gotta drain the phones battery somewhat??
    Like I previously explained it may be a difference but it's negligible, kind of having AOD on. Who knows, maybe Samsung do optimize their products after all.

What you are not taking in consideration is that by having the watch you avoid having to use your phone for every single notification and message you receive, for me and the amount of emails I receive daily, that alone is a benefit for my phone's battery life.
    05-19-2017 09:08 PM
    Like I previously explained it may be a difference but it's negligible, kind of having AOD on. Who knows, maybe Samsung do optimize their products after all.

What you are not taking in consideration is that by having the watch you avoid having to use your phone for every single notification and message you receive, for me and the amount of emails I receive daily, that alone is a benefit for my phone's battery life.
    True! Any idea when the S4 is out??
    05-19-2017 09:14 PM
    True! Any idea when the S4 is out??
    Not really, but I paid $289 for this one brand new just at the beginning of last month, so I hope it doesn't get outdated that fast...
    05-19-2017 09:18 PM
    Not really, but I paid $289 for this one brand new just at the beginning of last month, so I hope it doesn't get outdated that fast...
    Wow thats a steal! Here in ireland they are retailing in Argos for 470 euro although they seem to be 400 euro in most places which would be the equivalent of just under 500 us dollars!! Very expensive
    bandofbrothers2112 likes this.
    05-19-2017 09:48 PM
    Doesn't drain nearly enough for it to be a concern.
    pinkivy98 likes this.
    05-20-2017 12:53 AM
    Wow thats a steal! Here in ireland they are retailing in Argos for 470 euro although they seem to be 400 euro in most places which would be the equivalent of just under 500 us dollars!! Very expensive

I've seen a s3 frontier in my local Game Highstreet Store for £300 used which I think is around €348.

For me personally the s3 is just a tad too large for my wrist.

I'm looking at the s2 classic.

Anyone any rumoured specs on the size of the s4 ?
    05-20-2017 01:58 AM
    I have a S3 frontier and an S8 plus. I've always looked at it like this. Any drain in battery from having the watch connected is negated by checking my phone less often since the watch is giving me a lot of my emails, fb notifications, etc. I obviously still use my phone when I need to but less when its a junk notification that doesn't require any action, and just handle it on the watch
    05-20-2017 07:26 AM
    Welcome to the wonderful world of Bluetooth LE (low energy).
    Keith Molloy likes this.
    05-20-2017 07:59 AM
    Ouch, I paid $350 in the US (Amazon) at launch. I think that's the standard US price.
    amyf27 likes this.
    05-20-2017 09:27 AM
    That's true, but Bluetooth is meant to be a low-power form of connectivity. Speaking from my own experience, I keep my watch connected pretty much 24/7, and I don't notice any difference in battery life. I'd expect that the loss of battery life from having your watch connected all day should be barely noticeable.
    05-21-2017 11:45 AM
    I believe that the reduction of my phone's screen-on-time that I obtain through the use of the watch to handle notifications will actually extend - and not reduce - the total phone-battery duration on a per-charge basis.
    05-21-2017 12:32 PM