White Stone Dome Glass Review (Fail)

Targatheory

Banned
May 13, 2011
Visit site
I'd waited for about 6 days of not using my S8+ once it arrived (which was torture) because I was waiting for my WhiteStone DomeGlass to arrive.

I finally made my attempt to put it on yesterday and it was a complete fail.

The package came in fine condition and all included pieces were there and in working order.

The UV light is surprisingly bright.

The instructions could be more clear but thankfully we have YouTube videos for support.

This was my biggest issue:
The "upper" tray has two long grooves which run from top to bottom on either side, so they kind of protrude out towards the phone's screen when all is assembled.
As I released the glue, a LITTLE bit of it touched one of these grooves and carried with it the bulk of the fluid. This "sucked" up the droplet of glue causing it all smear towards one side and ultimately all the fluid slipped off the left side of the phone. There was a small moment where I thought I had saved it by tilting the assembled container to balance but by that time it was too late.

I've already started my Amazon return but I'm having thoughts about ordering some LOCA UV glue instead. I just don't know of the right ml amounts needed. If I must, I'll just try by eyeballing it. Tape off the buttons and ports, and just wing it.

The clean up was annoying but not frustrating or difficult. But, it was all over the phone so it took some time. Paper towels and such didn't help, you'd need an absorbent cloth to really help and a lot of alcohol pads.

Anyway guys what do you think? Give it a shot with some more LOCA UV fluid or just return it and be happy with my almost bubble free Skinomi?

Thanks

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
The tutorial video makes it look so easy but yes things can go wrong.

If it was me I'd return it for a replacement after paying that amount of money in the first place.

It comes with the right amount of glue to do the job and enough for the Uv light I assume to be effective.

tmx31415

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I had issues with it as well and have to do a return / exchange. I'm trying out the Yootech wet application until I get it figured out. I didn't care for the Otter Box Alpha Glass in regards to touch sensitivity and have heard mixed reviews about the Zagg Sapphire.

Targatheory

Banned
May 13, 2011
Visit site
Yup, I'm thinking of just doing an even exchange. My current Skinomi is pulling up on the lower right edge along with the top left corner. I'm using a Unicorn Beetle Pro. I'll update this with what I end up doing.

Targatheory

Banned
May 13, 2011
Visit site
Update. Amazon gave me my refund back.

Also, SKINOMI does not work with UAG Metropolis folio cover. Now I need to the screen protector playing game all over again...REALLY considering retrying the Whitestone though, I'm just in love with the idea of it's perfection once installed correctly.

Ken Nye

May 24, 2017
Visit site
I followed the instructions and it went perfectly smooth
This is the best screen protector I have ever put on. I just watched the video and examined all the parts. and made sure I did everything in the correct order.
easy like the staples easy button!

JimA

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
I've had my second attempt on for 48 hours now. I had to watch the video closely. I should also add it works perfectly with the otterbox symmetry case on the s8+. Highly recommended now.

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
I don't dare to recall how many types of screen protectors I've messed up wether it's down to the product itself or my application of it ! ;)

In my opinion as long as it isn't 100% the product I do give it another go.

I recently messed up two official Samsung Film type screen protectors.

Bought another pack of 2 from my local Samsung Experience Store and asked them to fit it which is free but not really part of their job.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
I've had my second attempt on for 48 hours now. I had to watch the video closely. I should also add it works perfectly with the otterbox symmetry case on the s8+. Highly recommended now.

And this is why you can't always trust those bad Amazon reviews. People don't read instructions carefully or watch the videos, and write scathing reviews when they screw up the installations. I'd much rather go by word of mouth here.

Keith Molloy

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Perhaps my opinion is invalid given that i havent any experience with this screen protector but from the research i have done it appears that this screen protector is literally the only one currently getting more good reviews then bad! Every other protector just doe not seem reliable (from what iam reading online) Where iam from, the zagg glass is the only one available locally and the guy selling them was honest enough to tell me "they arent great" so i decided iam gonna try the whitestone dome but sadly i cant seem to find any for sale here in ireland or the uk

JimA

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
Day three in. Still working! My confidence is growing in the product. And again, it plays very nicely with the Otterbox Symmetry.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
Day three in. Still working! My confidence is growing in the product. And again, it plays very nicely with the Otterbox Symmetry.

Any chance you can get a pic of that setup? Im using the same case and would like to see how it sits before buying the protector.

Edit: NM I found a video with someone using this setup.

Last edited: