AT&T Galaxy S8 Stop bluetooth devices from automatically switching from one device to another

tcjohnsson

May 20, 2013
Visit site
I have three different BT devices connected to my S8 -

1) Miccus Home RTX for streaming audio to my receiver and speakers in my home (media audio only)
2) Griffin iTrip Clip Bluetooth Headphone Adapter (media audio and call audio)
3) Mpow Bluetooth Receiver in my car (media audio only - no calls)

The problem is whenever I pull up in my driveway and I'm listening to music on my car's stereo system, my Miccus Home RTX receiver automatically switches over and this scares the bejesus out of my gf. My phone is usually at the highest volume to stream to my car's audio system (car audio system is soft so I have to turn it way up on my phone).

Further, if I'm at home streaming music through my Miccus Home RTX and have my Griffin iTrip still powered on, it often just randomly switches over to the Griffin adapter... so my music in the home just turns off. I have to go into BT settings to disconnect it manually.

What's odd is that I don't recall having these issues at all with my Note 4. Is there any way to stop this automatic and forced switching from occurring? I can't seem to find any setting anywhere. If there is a 3rd party app that someone could recommend that would be much appreciated. I'd like to only connect to the devices if I go into the actual BT settings and activate the device. Thank you in advance for any advice!

B Hoste

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
I have three different BT devices connected to my S8 -

1) Miccus Home RTX for streaming audio to my receiver and speakers in my home (media audio only)
2) Griffin iTrip Clip Bluetooth Headphone Adapter (media audio and call audio)
3) Mpow Bluetooth Receiver in my car (media audio only - no calls)

The problem is whenever I pull up in my driveway and I'm listening to music on my car's stereo system, my Miccus Home RTX receiver automatically switches over and this scares the bejesus out of my gf. My phone is usually at the highest volume to stream to my car's audio system (car audio system is soft so I have to turn it way up on my phone).

Further, if I'm at home streaming music through my Miccus Home RTX and have my Griffin iTrip still powered on, it often just randomly switches over to the Griffin adapter... so my music in the home just turns off. I have to go into BT settings to disconnect it manually.

What's odd is that I don't recall having these issues at all with my Note 4. Is there any way to stop this automatic and forced switching from occurring? I can't seem to find any setting anywhere. If there is a 3rd party app that someone could recommend that would be much appreciated. I'd like to only connect to the devices if I go into the actual BT settings and activate the device. Thank you in advance for any advice!

Do you happen to have "Duel Audio" on?