How do I get a floating black and white message icon off my samsung 8+ screen

A

AC Question

How do I get rid of a floating black & white message icon off my samsung 8+ screen

MelB18

May 22, 2017
Visit site
Its a message icon, the one you get when you recieve a message, it has a black surround & white message icon. Sorry cant work out how to upload the screen shot.

uncreativeartist

Trusted Member
Apr 25, 2017
Visit site
Ok, can you click on the icon and does it do anything? Do you have any third party messaging apps on your phone, it could be a setting in their app? Have you turned off and turned on the phone, yeah yeah I know but this is always the first thing to try with something like this. You say the icon is floating? Is it moving or static on a part of the screen?

If you want to upload a photo here, get tapatalk (its a nice app for all your forum needs. Access this site from an internet browser on your phone and reply to your post but through the advanced settings under the reply box you will see manage attachments click on that and upload the picture from your phone. Or load the picture onto your computer then upload to your post as above.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
How do I get rid of a floating black & white message icon off my samsung 8+ screen
Try long pressing and slide icon down to the bottom of the screen, an "X" might appear, hover the icon over the X and let go of icon, should dissapear.

Just an idea, don't know if this will work or not, but that's how Facebook messenger works.

Krish N

Aug 3, 2017
Visit site
Hi Grazier
Thank you so much for you message, I am using Sony Exp XA1 Ultra and having same issue as AC Question. Finally I got to this forum and saw your solution that's really work mate as I have been so annoying because this floating black & white message icon which block you tapping any other icon or disturbing in typing but now sorted because of you. Yes AC question when you turn off " select to speak" in the accessibility in setting it straight away disappear.

mcphe

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I have the Q6 and did not know what the Icon did but if you click on it. It will become active then simply highlight any text and it will read it for you. Very cool but if you still want to get rid of it Settings-Accessibility-Then turn off select to speak.

Last edited: