S8 pin required after restart

A

AC Question

Encrypted phone after restart with pin and now i have foegotten my pin. Can anyone help?

jeffmd

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
Sorry but there is no way around this, it is meant to be completely secure. Put in bad passwords and factory reset the phone. It's ok to write down the number and store it safely.

DarkSorrow

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Sorry but there is no way around this, it is meant to be completely secure. Put in bad passwords and factory reset the phone. It's ok to write down the number and store it safely.
The phone will not factory reset unless he enabled the 15 wrong password setting. Try calling Samsung and provide proof of ownership. They may be able to help you.

jeffmd

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
The phone will not factory reset unless he enabled the 15 wrong password setting. Try calling Samsung and provide proof of ownership. They may be able to help you.

You say that as it you had a CHOICE. What, you think they have a back door? Fraid knot.. that is poor security and would be a MAJOR blow to google for having such a thing. If you lose the encryption password then your only reasonable choice (short of forensic RAM dumping) is take your licks and factory reset.

Keep timely backups, save your password in a secure location (you mainly secure a phone from thieves so keeping the password in your house hidden would be fine) and keep walking forward.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
OP didn't say anything about forgetting their Google password. But even if they did, it can be reset in various ways.
And I never said they forgot did I? ;). I just said no one can help with getting by it just like the Samsung one.

jeffmd

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
I was the same as gernerttle, used knock knock codes and one morning I simply couldn't remember the pattern, and the number that should have been the master code was not. After a bit of research I found I was fubard. Google's find my phone applet had nothing on it that could help unlock it. After that I use the code often so I don't forget it.

dejanh

Trusted Member
Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
You can put the phone into recovery mode and do a factory reset from there. You will then require the original Google account password to set up the device again.

Illusion1430

Nov 10, 2017
Visit site
Encrypted phone after restart with pin and now i have foegotten my pin. Can anyone help?

Oddly enough, I have the encryption and the pin was a number that I literally would never forget from childhood. After no issues for so long, I just went out of the county for work and now after my phone completely died (as in 0%) the phone no longer recognizes my PIN.

I had to factory reset and lost about 16 hours since I backed up just before my flight. Only things lost are messages, photos, and games data that did not get a chance to sync prior to the PIN forgetting itself. I initially assumed that the phone would shutdown at 1% or so to ensure enough energy to encrypt and then the battery acted like a CMOS battery in a computer supplying just enough to keep a Hash of the PW.