Swapped back to iPhone 7+

geraldem

Aug 27, 2016
Visit site
The only thing I miss is iMessage and FaceTime, since my whole family has iPhones. But I love my S8+. Wish I could get both of those programs on it.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Do the others allow you to pay say an extra 20 or 30 bucks a month towards the phone balance? That's what tmobile does.
Att does not. They want the whole balance paid at once. If I could make extra payments without paying the whole balance that would be great. Lol

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
The only thing I miss is iMessage and FaceTime, since my whole family has iPhones. But I love my S8+. Wish I could get both of those programs on it.
I get that. My family does too. I'm just getting tired of making my phone selection based off their selection. Don't get me wrong, I think the 7 Plus is a good phone. I can make it work for me, but I don't want to "make it work" for me. I'd rather use the phone that I want to use.

mchi5

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I recently switched from an iPhone 7 plus to the LG G6 and now don't think I can ever go back. Yes the iPhone worked well and very easy to use but is just so boring. I gave my wife the iPhone 7 plus (she had the smaller 6s) and she likes the bigger screen.

Like others said I miss iMessage and FaceTime but Messenger solves both those problems pretty well. Even video calls.

agaskew

Jul 28, 2015
Visit site
Man that is tempting now! That's exactly what I needed to hear. The bad for me is that I use cricket and will have to shell out the retail price of this awesome device but I'm quite sure I'll be caving soon and giving in to it. I'm telling you it's the best one handed feeling phone I've ever picked up. I'm glad to hear it's not choppy and sticky like I know touch wiz to be and why I've never stuck with a Samsung long. I have got to get me one of these now and sell my beloved Honor 8 which EMUI is flat out awesome. If touch wiz has smoothed out then the S8 is by far the ultimate device right now. Thanks for your time and response to my questions my friend. It's greatly appreciated.

I did not like TouchWiz much on my Note 4, to the extent that I rooted it and put stock Android 7 on it. That was just soooo much smoother.

The good news here is that the new TW interface on the S8 is IMO not just better than the old TouchWiz, it is on another planet. I like it more than stock Android. No choppiness, no sticking, just buttery smooth. Samsung absolutely knocked it out of the park.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I did not like TouchWiz much on my Note 4, to the extent that I rooted it and put stock Android 7 on it. That was just soooo much smoother.

The good news here is that the new TW interface on the S8 is IMO not just better than the old TouchWiz, it is on another planet. I like it more than stock Android. No choppiness, no sticking, just buttery smooth. Samsung absolutely knocked it out of the park.

I just put Nova on mine and called it a day :).

novice

Dec 27, 2015
Visit site
When an Apple user posts to an Android phone using iMessage how often does the text fail to go through? I've never seen a satisfactory answer to this question.

novice

Dec 27, 2015
Visit site
The Apple 7+ is an outstanding phone but I've always been amused that the bottom bezel is capacious enough to hold Post-It notes.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
More than likely, as iPhone hasn't done anything new or groundbreaking since Jobs died. Apples innovation died with him.

Thats the biggest issue I have with Apple. They keep changing the hardware and design just enough to seem like its impressive but the software has been completely ignored and therefor is seriously outdated. Its began to feel like using a dumbphone compared to the evolution of Android.