I've moved to Samsung from BlackBerry and love it

Lawrie Sherratt

Aug 29, 2014
Visit site
I was a Blackberry fan for God knows how many years. Such a brilliant company. Then Blackberry seemed to stand still so I got a Samsung S6. Ferkin brilliant. Apps and whatever. Got me an S6, then an S7 and now an S8. Best phones I have had, (next to the Blackberries).
I have now moved on and will remember my Blackberry devices with fond memories here in the UK. (still have my Z30 as a spare phone).

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
The Priv is a very nice device, but yeah, BlackBerry lost its mojo a LONG time ago :( (I was also a crackberry once upon a time... my first smartphone, actually).

SunnyFL

Sep 2, 2015
Visit site
I came from Blackberry Z30 a month ago and am enjoying my S8! Am getting use to Android after many years of Blackberry OS. I too keep the Z30 as a backup, but doubt I'll need it.

kbz1960

Apr 23, 2016
Visit site
I moved from my Z30 a year ago or more to a cheap Samsung. Haven't looked back. Love my moto z play droid. Still have a soft spot for BB and would like to see them do well. Not looking too good after the Jerry Rig video test. Just needs some glue.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Congratulations. I moved to Samsung in 2012 after several years of owning a BlackBerry which was my first smartphone.

TheyCallMeBT

May 2, 2017
Visit site
You know, Blackberry had it made. If they had just adapted and moved to Android earlier, they would probably be in the top 3 phone manufacturers right now. But they didn't. They stood by their aging architecture and UI. The running thought of the time was that BB customers expected top knotch security, and that it couldn't do that on Android. The Priv looks awesome, but I doubt it'll keep them afloat much longer.

So let Blackberry be a lesson for you. Even if you're at the top of your profession where you are, you have to keep an eye out for when it's time to evolve. Otherwise, the new guy will swoop in and you'll be left scratching your head wondering where you went wrong.

*Star flies by* The more you knoooooow. :D

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
BlackBerry, Kodak, Sony, Ericsson, Sony Ericsson, even Motorola and most notably, Nokia, the undisputed dethroned king of kings. The list just goes on. Innovate or die.

Bfalcon1

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
It is nice to see that people enjoy Samsung phones. I have a Priv and was hoping to get the KEYone. With the delayed launch and quality issues I will pick up the S8 this weekend!

103Softail

May 6, 2016
Visit site
I was a Blackberry fan for God knows how many years. Such a brilliant company. Then Blackberry seemed to stand still so I got a Samsung S6. Ferkin brilliant. Apps and whatever. Got me an S6, then an S7 and now an S8. Best phones I have had, (next to the Blackberries).
I have now moved on and will remember my Blackberry devices with fond memories here in the UK. (still have my Z30 as a spare phone).
I actually met Ferkin one day a long time ago in another galaxy!

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
The S8 Plus is the best all around device to date for me. Best performing device with no lag super fast and awesome camera don't think there is a better device out there.

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
Great to hear you are loving your new Galaxy S8 @Lawrie Sherratt :) Nothing wrong with switching brands. Samsung definitely offer some amazing smartphone, especially now with the near bezeless display. At the end of the day, you need a device that works for you.

Blackberry definitely fell behind a couple years ago and that's why so many people switched. Never say never, but who know, you may go back to Blackberry someday. There is always a chance they could surprise you with something. But for now, i think your Galaxy S8 is certainly safe for 1 -2 years in your pocket. Thanks for sharing!

anon(5990673)

Apr 23, 2017
Visit site
Been Using Blackberrys devices for almost 10 years and still do.

Switched to S8+ from Passport SE and Priv, No complains.

I had to instal Hub+ suite along with Blackberry Keyboard :p to complete my S8+

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Isn't Blackberry getting ready to release a new phone design 1st time in many years
Supposed to be the most secure device you can use

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/05/04/blackberry-keyone-review.html

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
On some units. CBK did some testing and it faired quite well.
After watching that jerryrig video I'd be very very concerned since there's no adhesive holding the screen on according to his review. The keyone actually interested me until I saw that video.