09-08-2017 01:34 PM
63 123
tools
    Like I said I tried everything on my PC yesterday afternoon. I tried to SideSync app and it were beautifully! If anyone is having annoyances or frustrations with the Samsung flow application still, I also highly suggest to try the SideSync application from the Play Store.
    07-05-2017 07:44 AM
    Hi all, I'm trying to get Samsung's new Application to work and connect on my S8 and Windows 10 Laptop. https://help.content.samsung.com/csw...p4nsre.wsite21

The article says that both of my devices are compatible, the windows client won't' work at all. Has anyone else tried this at all? Thank you for any feedback.
    Out of curiosity i tried the app too, turns out didn't work for me either. Unfortunately the app seems recent enough so most of us don't even know about this crap (aka sidesync replacement) you need bluetooth i think though mine kept saying my pc didn't have the right settings but i think your win 10 pc needs to be before the creator patch too.
    07-05-2017 09:51 AM
    Like I said when I try the Samsung flow application from the Microsoft store it just didn't work. The SideSync app from the Play Store Works beautifully though!
    07-05-2017 01:03 PM
    Tried getting this to work on both of my Surface Pro 4 tablets, and they both fail to progress beyond the last step - that being the "Register Device" action.

Both systems fully meet all of the requirements, and the pairing process is successful. It just won't register the device.

No error is thrown, it just doesn't proceed after the confirmation request issued by the register action.

I suspect this could be because they are both members of a Windows domain, unless someone else here can confirm that they have it working in this configuration.
    07-05-2017 02:37 PM
    Unfortunately, it doesn't seem like Samsung flow as working easily or correctly for anyone so far without a ton of effort! thankfully, there are other options thanks the customization of Android. Hahah
    07-05-2017 02:43 PM
    This is why children shouldn't have internet access.

Yes Flow works without the Creative Update, ONLY on Galaxy Books. We arent talking about Galaxy Books. I really cant make that any clearer.
    Hey smarta$$, I'm more than likely older than you, so get off your high horse.

This whole conversation started about Flow not working. My Galaxy Book is a Windows 10 pc. Nothing from the get-go stated anything about Galaxy Books or non Galaxy Books. Yes, I have a GB and it came installed, so lose your attitude. It has been determined that normal pc's are having issues.
    Doug Moffat likes this.
    07-06-2017 11:23 AM
    Hey smarta$$, I'm more than likely older than you, so get off your high horse.

This whole conversation started about Flow not working. Nothing from the get-go stated anything about Galaxy Books or non Galaxy Books. Yes, I have a GB and it came installed, so lose your attitude. It has been determined that normal pc's are having issues.
    07-06-2017 11:24 AM
    Given the volume of complaints regarding Flow I'm not even tempted to try pairing my S8 with my newest computer.
    07-06-2017 12:46 PM
    I have a Samsung desktop with i7 processor.
    The problem is with TPM.
    No TPM traces on BIOS to enable it.

I just can't believe, Samsung made a PC desktop without this piece of hardware?

After contact by email Samsung and asking specifically about TPM issue, the answer:

- Check Windows updates, you need last version of windows. (Creators version).

Not a single word about TPM question.

UBLELIVEBLE.

PS.

My PC is running windows creator.
    Already test and have the same TPM issue on a Vaio laptop with last windows creators updated.
    07-15-2017 02:57 AM
    I saw there were updates to both the phone and the PC versions of this application, and tried it again after the multiple failed attempts ten days ago.

This time it worked perfectly on both of my Surface tablets.

I guess I know where the problem was now.
    07-15-2017 09:32 PM
    Addendum: Seems that if your Windows 10 host for the Samsung Flow application is a domain member, you'll find hundreds of invalid-attempt login messages (per minutes) in the Security log.

I know this affects all of about zero people here, as this configuration is pretty rare in home use scenarios - but there you have it.

Note, too, that uninstalling Samsung Flow, and the associated driver, does not undo the configuration sufficiently to mitigate the problem. You'll need to go into computer management on the host system and delete the "CDFAccount" account entry that is created during the installation process.

Just sayin'.
    07-16-2017 01:17 PM
    Hi afh3, do you know if there are any other steps to properly uninstall Samsung Flow? It worked flawlessly on the Surface Book, but since this machine has face unlocking it is not very useful. I do however now have CDFAccount in the "Users" folder, and would like to properly delete it.
    09-08-2017 11:47 AM
    Hi afh3, do you know if there are any other steps to properly uninstall Samsung Flow? It worked flawlessly on the Surface Book, but since this machine has face unlocking it is not very useful. I do however now have CDFAccount in the "Users" folder, and would like to properly delete it.
    I didn't do anything other than the (broken) uninstallation process, followed by deleting the (now useless) CDFAccount from the users object in the computer management console on the system.

Edit: I now get that you are referring to the file-system folder that gets created too. Just whack it. It doesn't hurt anything.
    XYOUZMOD likes this.
    09-08-2017 01:34 PM
63 123