How many are with the S8 series for the long haul?

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm happy with my plus. How many are dumping it for the next new phone released, which ever that phone may be, or are you in it for the long haul to at least the S9?

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I want to see what the new Note has to offer. I am a pretty hard core Note fan.
I'm curious also on the note 8, I've been a note user for some time, was very upset with the note 7 outcome. With the S8 plus, it now gives me the features of the note I used without the S pen. I basically say it's the note 7 without the S pen. I only used the S pen for things such as making gifs, squaring off only the section of the webpage I want to share. All those things are easily done now on the S8 series without the S pen, so I don't see a need for the note at the moment.

You never know, Samsung could make the note 8 amazing, but rumored specs aren't looking promising IMO.

Harlemknight

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I am. I am a Note fan as well, but I have a problem, and it stops with the S8+. I am not gonna be buying a new phone every time one comes out, it just doesn't make cents.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I'm curious also on the note 8, I've been a note user for some time, was very upset with the note 7 outcome. With the S8 plus, it now gives me the features of the note I used without the S pen. I basically say it's the note 7 without the S pen. I only used the S pen for things such as making gifs, squaring off only the section of the webpage I want to share. All those things are easily done now on the S8 series without the S pen, so I don't see a need for the note at the moment.

You never know, Samsung could make the note 8 amazing, but rumored specs aren't looking promising IMO.
If it's under 1000$ I'll probably get it but all depending on the actual specs once released.

slivy58

Banned
Dec 6, 2015
Visit site
Not fond of the tall-n- skinny approach they went with on the 8-series, so I'll stick with my S7/S7 Edge until we see what their next reiteration is going to be.

I'd like to see Samsung dump the curved screen(s) as well and go the conventional route hence, flat displays. Has a cool vibe to a degree but sometimes more of a pain than it's worth, cases, screen protectors. Plus not finding the features it brings to the table get used all that much, by me anyway.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Not fond of the tall-n- skinny approach they went with on the 8-series, so I'll stick with my S7/S7 Edge until we see what their next reiteration is going to be.

I'd like to see Samsung dump the curved screen(s) as well and go the conventional route hence, flat displays. Has a cool vibe to a degree but sometimes more of a pain than it's worth, cases, screen protectors. Plus not finding the features it brings to the table get used all that much, by me anyway.
I don't agree with dumping the curved screen. I think they should go back to earlier versions the S8 flat screen and the plus models have the curved screen. They should offer both IMO.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
I'd have interest in the note 8 but I think I'll be using my S8 for a long while. It's just too good of a device to change. It's so fast. Plus I like the regular size and the note will be huge.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
On the fence about the note 8. Until pricing and specs release I can't say for sure I'll get it. I'm not a fan of these curved screens even though I am really impressed with the durability of my s8's screen. I also didn't like the size of the 8+ so I don't see how I could like the size of the note 8 since it's probably going to be bigger.

I'm also very curious to see the V30 specs and features. Now that they are going to OLED displays, I'm very interested in that line.

All in all, I'll be shocked if I have the S8 as a daily driver still at Thanksgiving.

mikef91

Trusted Member
Feb 18, 2015
Visit site

I don't think they'll be moving away from the tall and skinny approach. It's all about screen-to-body ratio, and I don't think that's going away. I would like to see a flat screen version, but Samsung is married to the curved display. I don't mind the curve, but a flat screen option would be nice.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
While S8 Plus is the best phone I have had, I can't wait to get back on the Note train. I'll be getting that when it comes out or shortly after.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
On the fence about the note 8. Until pricing and specs release I can't say for sure I'll get it. I'm not a fan of these curved screens even though I am really impressed with the durability of my s8's screen. I also didn't like the size of the 8+ so I don't see how I could like the size of the note 8 since it's probably going to be bigger.

I'm also very curious to see the V30 specs and features. Now that they are going to OLED displays, I'm very interested in that line.

All in all, I'll be shocked if I have the S8 as a daily driver still at Thanksgiving.
Oh no you just had to say that I did not realize the v30 was going to have that type of display

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
Oh no you just had to say that I did not realize the v30 was going to have that type of display
Lol, that's what the reports are saying. It's supposed to come next month. If they pack in the features of the G6 (wireless charging and water resistance) with an OLED display and the V series additions, it's going to be very hard not to be tempted by it.

Ecm

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm loving my S8+. Since screen size wouldn't likely be a noticeable difference and I'm having no issues with the 4GB ram, there would have to be at least one feature beyond the S pen to make me upgrade. Camera? maybe. I'll wait and see...

justnivek

Jun 1, 2015
Visit site
I kept my S6 and honestly wasn't supposed to get rid of it cause it was still working, but the S8 was just one of those phones I HAD to have, once the S8 unlocked went on sale in Best buy for $600 and I sold my phone for $200 I immediately bought the S8

I'm gonna keep this phone until it dies on me or unless the S10 is super mind blowing

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I'll be with the S8 until the S9 comes out. Note 8 isn't appealing to me with the current rumors. This phone does everything I want and actually has pretty good battery life too.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rossfrey