The S8 is the smoothest Android interface I've ever used. Thoughts?

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
So for those of you who have gone through a ton of Android phones like I have, do you think it's the smoothest you've used? The S8 is nothing like the S7 touch wiz or I call it tough wiz. It was choppy and sticky. This S8 is so fluid and smooth. The more I use it the more I appreciate it. It's by far the smoothest interface I've used. However I have not used the Pixel but did have the Nexus 6p which I think the Pixel is a tweaked out version of the 6p anyway and the S8 beats it out. What do you guys think. Is the S8 the smoothest Android interface on the market? I think so. Just curious of everyone's take on it. Chime in and let me know what your take is. Do you keep your S8 at full resolution or do you keep it in default mode as it came? Also it seems that most have the plus version. I feel like I am the minority having the regular S8. Post what you have either the regular size or the plus and why you chose your model. I'm just curious of others thoughts. I also see a lot of people not using a screen protector. I'm definitely using one but not a tempered glass. I'm using a liquid skin by skinomi. Post what you use or the kind as I'm curious what else is out there that is good. The Skinomi is great and does not collect fingerprints hardly at all. So are you a regular size S8 user or a Plus user? Tell me why you chose one over the other. I personally like the one handed use. I wanted the plus but I was afraid it would be just too big after prolonged usage. I might be totally wrong though. Anyways thoughts???

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
Yes, it's a fantastic device. I have mine (S8) on power saver, minimum screen resolution and no animation. It's fast and reliable. With Nova launcher, I have all my phones exactly the same, so I can seamlessly change sim card in case of breakdown.
Since the S6 and Marshmallow, you have to poke around in the settings a bit as they are quite granular and you can adjust things from different places. That catches a lot of newcomers to Android..
Waiting for the S9 now...
Happy Days

anon(607340)

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
I completely agree. The only phone this smooth was the Note 7. I imagine the Note 8 will be even more so. But for now, the S8 (plus, in my case) is the best phone ever made, Android or otherwise.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
Are yours SD or exynos? Quite many reviews said the phone started to have some stutters after a while
Over 2 months now and no lag to speak of on snapdragon.

That being said, it is not the smoothest android phone, but it's pretty darn close.

I have had Nexues 6, 5x, 6P and Pixel XL. the smoothest most fluid android phone is Pixel XL and title remain with it.

S8 Plus is, however, the smoothest most fluid phone Samsung has ever made.

naturalguy

Jul 23, 2015
Visit site
S8 regular (plus is too big for for front pocket, regular is perfect size). It's the smoothest phone I've had, the only time I have lag or stutter is when apps are updating from the play store, while that is happening the phone is slower.

DamianP

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
I am using the unlocked S8 plus on ATT and have to say this is the smoothest Samsung phone I've ever used. Is it the smoothest?In my experiences, the Pixel XL, Huawei Mate 9 and OnePlus 3/3T are smoother.
With that said, the user experience is exceptional on the S8 plus. The unlocked version has no bloat and Samsung trimmed down its own bloat as well. I am running Nova Launcher( I do on every phone).

All of my other Samsung phones have been ATT branded and all lagged and had issues(yes even my note 7). I decided to go the unlocked route this time and so happy I did.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Over 2 months now and no lag to speak of on snapdragon.

That being said, it is not the smoothest android phone, but it's pretty darn close.

I have had Nexues 6, 5x, 6P and Pixel XL. the smoothest most fluid android phone is Pixel XL and title remain with it.

S8 Plus is, however, the smoothest most fluid phone Samsung has ever made.

I agree, the S8 is the smoothest Samsung android phone I've ever owned. That being said, There will always be Touchwiz features of my S8 that i do love over stock android and i debloated, and streamlined my entire OS and cleaned up my entire UI completely.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I don't find that the s8 is very heavily skin from the get-go. Compared to earlier prior Samsung Galaxy phones. And I came from a Nexus 6p and other Google stock Android phones. Touchwiz on the side is pretty light and easily streamlined.

doohsun

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
Honestly personally Touch wiz has improved over the years particularly with S7/S8 but with the S8/S8plus it's definitely smoother. It's a very nice layout and clean. I found with other manufacture they lack when it comes to Android Os UI and very boring and ugly.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Honestly personally Touch wiz has improved over the years particularly with S7/S8 but with the S8/S8plus it's definitely smoother. It's a very nice layout and clean. I found with other manufacture they lack when it comes to Android Os UI and very boring and ugly.
Yes absolutely compared to Prior Samsung Galaxy phones both Galaxy and the Galaxy Note line of phones on the S8 in general, TouchWiz is totally improved thank God finally!
Smoothest Samsung? Yes. Smoothest Android overall? No.
Yes exactly...

mundo472

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
Dconn1975, so sorry. I started a not exactly, but similar thread. different enough, perhaps, but sorry anyway. cheers

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
Having played with the U11 a few days ago, it's the smoothest Android I've encountered, even smoother than the Pixel, due to the 835 chip.

But the S8 is definitely the smoothest Samsung device for sure!