Bixby Voice - Does it Kill your Battery?

richv77

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I activated Bixby Voice this morning as I had not joined the Beta program.

Does having it turned On have any significant impact on Battery life?

Thanks for your comments.

-Rich

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I've had Bixby for little while now, through Beta and now updated. Doesn't seem to hurt my battery

gknicks

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I have used it in beta and have not seen any issue. I know I started to get extra points using it today. It's slower than Google but I like the settings options with bixby

alwilliam

Aug 31, 2016
Visit site
No not at all. OK Google is on all the time too (at least on my phone), so it's the same thing. Unless you're interacting with it and using your screen/phone then of course it will consume battery.

arunma

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
I have noticed my battery drains faster in the last few weeks since around when I got Bixby Beta. Then again, a few weeks ago the weather also started getting warm, and I started working in the courtyard outside my office at work, and therefore not keeping my phone on the charging pad for most of the day. So, it's hard to tell if it's Bixby's fault.

Hope my muddled data point helps. :/

justnivek

Jun 1, 2015
Visit site
using a Galaxy S8

I haven't seen any noticable difference, I have it on always listening (even when the screen if off) which I thought would drain the battery heavily but I don't notice anything

Side note, I am so happy I sold my S6 and got the S8 cause this phone is freaking awesome :)

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
using a Galaxy S8

I haven't seen any noticable difference, I have it on always listening (even when the screen if off) which I thought would drain the battery heavily but I don't notice anything

Side note, I am so happy I sold my S6 and got the S8 cause this phone is freaking awesome :)
A nice upgrade from the S6☺

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I activated Bixby Voice this morning as I had not joined the Beta program.

Does having it turned On have any significant impact on Battery life?

Thanks for your comments.

-Rich

Yes if you have Bixby wake feature. Basically it will detect your voice when you call it, that will definitely kill the battery. However, from my experience, it doesn't affect battery.

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
I was thinking the same that those opinions contradict each other :)

I think it's common sense to expect that if the Bixby Voice Commands Activation is On then it will have the potential to use more juice.

It's a trade off between having perhaps more battery time to a particular feature you'd find useful.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non