07-29-2017 12:52 PM
87 ... 234
tools
    Battery life and the app performance had been more than exceptional.
    blaine07 likes this.
    07-28-2017 06:19 AM
    I've been using Adguard for nearly two years now. It's never affected the battery life on any phone that I've used it on as much as you've mentioned here. I have noticed just a slight improvement but not by much if I kept Adguard off for a day. It never was worth shutting it off and using it only when I used certain apps.
    Maybe it was just a fluke. It's a new day, phones fully charged. Will continue to watch it.

I was having problems with a few apps not cooperating with VPN, particularly work email so in app I figured out how to turn it off for certain apps, perhaps one of the apps having issues with VPN was the culprit. Like driving a car through a brick wall and unable to but spinning the tires.
    07-28-2017 06:45 AM
    So I'm not bagging on AdGuard, or any other paid app mentioned. But I'm just wondering why folks are not using a free VPN blocking app instead? I use an app called Block-This, from this website:
    https://block-this.com/

Been using it for quite a while with no issues. It does a great job of blocking ads.

I guess what I'm asking is, is Adguard a better product in some way? If so, what exactly makes it better? I'm not averse to buying it if it offers something Block-This does not have.
    07-28-2017 07:23 AM
    wished there's a way to rid of the notification on the notification bar and on the lock screen?
    07-28-2017 01:07 PM
    wished there's a way to rid of the notification on the notification bar and on the lock screen?
    There is, just disable lock screen notifications from android system.
    07-28-2017 01:14 PM
    There is, just disable lock screen notifications from android system.
    on android system notifications, it's greyed out. it says "blocked in settings. And in Adguard settings-general-notification icon...when you select none, it gives you warning that adguard can be turned of.

Am i missing something? can you show me how to remove from lock screen and notification bar?
    07-28-2017 01:28 PM
    on android system notifications, it's greyed out. it says "blocked in settings. And in Adguard settings-general-notification icon...when you select none, it gives you warning that adguard can be turned of.

Am i missing something? can you show me how to remove from lock screen and notification bar?

this is how i set it up, for minimum distraction without compromising effectiveness:

disable android system lock screen notifications (you wont be able to disable the VPN notification on your home screen)

Adguard makes this phone as smooth as an iPhone 7!-screenshot_20170728-202817.jpg

Disable Adguard persistant notification:

Adguard makes this phone as smooth as an iPhone 7!-screenshot_20170728-203056.jpg

Make sure Adguard wont be put to sleep by the Android:

Adguard makes this phone as smooth as an iPhone 7!-screenshot_20170728-203131.jpg
    dunamis likes this.
    07-28-2017 02:35 PM
    That will hide the notification on the lock screen but it will always be there once you unlock the phone. Adguard says there is no way to get rid of that, same with the key icon in the status bar.
    07-28-2017 02:53 PM
    Not to derail this thread from the OPs subject, but with one-time fee apps, you run the risk of the app getting abandoned after a few years. I haven't heard of that happening with subscription based apps. $10 per year is not much considering the benefit that the OP receives (assuming that the OP isn't paid by the app maker).
    You can always find the replacement; there is always one out there just need to look.
    07-28-2017 03:06 PM
    Or the easiest way to avoid lag is to avoid Samsung products and their notorious bloatware that sucks the life from the batteries.
    07-29-2017 12:25 AM
    Or the easiest way to avoid lag is to avoid Samsung products and their notorious bloatware that sucks the life from the batteries.
    Havent used an S8 series device huh?
    07-29-2017 09:28 AM
    Living in the past, huh?
    07-29-2017 12:52 PM
87 ... 234