Verizon messaging Plus application

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know what the difference between sending out a message as an MMS or a chat is? I'm a bit confused and no one can really directly answer this question in other forums either. Thank you.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know what the difference between sending out a message as an MMS or a chat is? I'm a bit confused and no one can really directly answer this question in other forums either. Thank you.

What do you mean "or a chat" ?

There really isn't a big difference if you're just texting for sending as MMS vs. SMS except for the character count. SMS can only handle so many characters (that is why sometimes you get "split" messages from people) whereas MMS is basically like sending a mini-file so it all comes as one.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I'll show you. I'm sorry. I mean when sending out a group text I understand MMS is not just for texting pictures or videos as for group chats but the application also has a group chat function.
d76d6463f2160c196c5bbca6f92a9e02.jpg

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Okay so from my understanding, when I want to send the group chat out should I click the chat option or just the MMS option?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Okay so from my understanding, when I want to send the group chat out should I click the chat option or just the MMS option?

When doing a group it should auto use MMS unless set otherwise... but yes for group messages you want to use MMS so it will act as an actual group where you can all chat.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
When doing a group it should auto use MMS unless set otherwise... but yes for group messages you want to use MMS so it will act as an actual group where you can all chat.

Ok, fair enough, that part I also understand, but then what's with the Chat option then?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Well that'd be me. I am using VZW messing since it is its won "Chat" app. What do you mean exactly?

I meant for your contacts using it. Such as say you and I were going to talk and we both use VZW Messaging we could do a "Chat" where it isn't actual text messaging... Or at least that would be my guess.

If I were you I would just use MMS for groups and text the individuals like normal. That way you will always be able to text people + groups without a hiccup (and also without worrying about what phone they have since all phones now-a-days supports MMS).

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I meant for your contacts using it. Such as say you and I were going to talk and we both use VZW Messaging we could do a "Chat" where it isn't actual text messaging... Or at least that would be my guess.

If I were you I would just use MMS for groups and text the individuals like normal. That way you will always be able to text people + groups without a hiccup (and also without worrying about what phone they have since all phones now-a-days supports MMS).

That's also very true. Good point. I mean if the "chat" option just means not having to rely on MMS to relay the group message I guess I am still failing to see a purpose to both options. Now, at first, I thought that the different between MMS and Chat was that when you sent the message out, the application would give you a confirmation only in "Chat" mode that the recipients received the message successfully. I was proved wrong when I saw that feature also in the MMS group chat as well. Thanks for the suggestions so far though...

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
That's also very true. Good point. I mean if the "chat" option just means not having to rely on MMS to relay the group message I guess I am still failing to see a purpose to both options. Now, at first, I thought that the different between MMS and Chat was that when you sent the message out, the application would give you a confirmation only in "Chat" mode that the recipients received the message successfully. I was proved wrong when I saw that feature also in the MMS group chat as well. Thanks for the suggestions so far though...

Yeah it is definitely odd. Verizon does weird things :p lol.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Yeah it is definitely odd. Verizon does weird things lol.
Okay, so I'm happy to report back that I just hold Verizon customer service and I know exactly the difference between the chat setting and the MMS setting. If you send a message out to people using a chat option, you can add and remove people as an administrator at will. In the MMS sending you cannot add or remove people so whomever you send it to us whom you sent it to. You can't modify it.

Doug Moffat

Aug 21, 2016
Visit site
Been using Message+ for years because of negative experiences with Google and Samsung. Honestly, I understand about 1% of what it does. Way too complicated - - for me. I just do simple texts.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Been using Message+ for years because of negative experiences with Google and Samsung. Honestly, I understand about 1% of what it does. Way too complicated - - for me. I just do simple texts.
I'm sorry to hear that. For me I've never had a bad experience with Samsung or Google. I used to have a Nexus 6p and on my older sixth grade and use Android messaging on the time I just like to try different things. On my S8 right now, I use all custom applications that help me out in some way or another.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38