Cancelled order on Samsung's site - order still confirmed?

morelikelosername

Aug 17, 2017
Visit site
Yesterday afternoon I called Samsung customer service to cancel my S8 order which has been backordered for about 2 weeks. The rep said that everything was cancelled and gave me a ticket number, but my order is still showing up as "confirmed" on my account. I decided to just purchase the phone from Amazon, but now I'm a little concerned that they'll ship out my order and charge me after I make my Amazon purchase, as I've heard they sometimes do if you call to cancel.

Does it just take a bit of time for the changes to show up on my end? Any insight from someone with experience ordering from Samsung would be appreciated.

anon(9268751)

May 28, 2015
Visit site
Unfortunately I had a very poor experience dealing with Samsung direct and cancellations. I preorded 2 new Chromebooks from them on separate orders and decided to cancel after finding out the wait time. I cancelled both orders online and received confirmation. About 2 weeks later one of the Chromebooks shows up at my door. I immediately called Samsung and they told me I would have an RMA in 3-5 business days. Didn't happen to make a long story short it took nearly 2 months for them to send me an RMA and give me a refund. Now the 2nd Chromebook also showed shortly after the 1st one but this time I refused delivery and that whole deal took about 4 weeks. Keep in mind mind they charged both of these to my Samsung credit account and I actually had to start making payments to keep from getting my credit dinged.
I strongly advise you to refuse shipment if that phone shows up at your door but don't count on that being cut and dried though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress