No pop up menu for apps

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
re:

Is there a link to something official from Samsung about this?

I've recently updated and didn't pay much attention but TouchWiz was one of the updates. I've tried removing cache and data (Data was maybe not the best idea as I'm back to having a ton of nag stuff I can't delete anymore).
I haven't seen any fix for this problem so far. You could use a custom launcher until this problem gets fixed. Some launchers, like Nova, let you import your setup from TW, so you don't need to start from scratch.

tdoughone

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
re:

nova launcher does still give u the option to have an app pop up menu, switching back to touch wiz does not fix the issue. Nova launcher can be your temp fix for now. The tech I spoke was unaware of the issue and will email me when he finds a fix but he suggested going to Samsung store and have an indestructible refresh. I'm going to sit tight for a fix as of now.

Omar840

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
re:

nova launcher does still give u the option to have an app pop up menu, switching back to touch wiz does not fix the issue. Nova launcher can be your temp fix for now. The tech I spoke was unaware of the issue and will email me when he finds a fix but he suggested going to Samsung store and have an indestructible refresh. I'm going to sit tight for a fix as of now.

Omar840

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
re:

If u have set the animation setting as off. Try to change it to on from setting/ developers option/animator duration scale.

I did that and its working with me. I understood this solution is temp untill next update.

tdoughone

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
re:

just turned animations back on and it dud fix the problem. you're a genius how did u figure this out? I guess new touchwiz update doesn't play well with animations off in dev options

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Re:

If u have set the animation setting as off. Try to change it to on from setting/ developers option/animator duration scale.

I did that and its working with me. I understood this solution is temp untill next update.
Great find! Thanks for the tip!

Chris778811

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Re:

Thanks for the fix everything is good now..

You can leave the other 2 off you just have to set Animator duration scale to .5 and it works.

Clay1991

Sep 1, 2017
Visit site
Re:

I had this same problem, found out that if you have the animation turned completely off in the developer options this will happen. So I would keep it at the lowest setting before completely turned off. I think is 0.5 on all 3 options.

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Re:

I have contacted Samsung chat and phone support, both useless as usual.
Once again with chat support. I supported myself. Explained the band aid fix to this issue. And he writes back and simply confirms that what I've told him works. So I explain that it's not a fix it's a Band-Aid and I'm not 12, hence I dislike animation period and want it off. Therefor escalate it and get it fixed. This was on August 31st after the update.
He suggests calling support. So I do.
I explain to her the issue as I did with chat.
And tell her to escalate to someone that knows what they are doing.
She then starts to "support me" by suggesting a factory reset.... Apparently everything I said. In one ear and out the other...
So I told her to have someone contact me that knew dev / software. As it's obvious she has no clue.
I was assured I would receive a call back in 2 days. Ya rigjt. Last time that happened it took 15 chats and 4 months to get a call back.

I would suggest all of you with this issue chat or call in so this gets fixed. As Samsung doesn't see having to use animations as an issue.

Thoughts?

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Re:

I had this same problem, found out that if you have the animation turned completely off in the developer options this will happen. So I would keep it at the lowest setting before completely turned off. I think is 0.5 on all 3 options.

Pays to read above. This was already stated. Also you don't need to have all 3 animations on.

Kyle Gass

Dec 9, 2017
Visit site
Hey bud I seen your post and I know your problem for when u touch and hold your apps why the settings don't appear and your not able to take them off your home screen..... You must have developer options enabled what u need to do is go into developer options and enable all of your animation scales to .05 then your problem will be fixed I know u must have disabled them to go faster but that's your problem hope I was able to help :)