How many are using a back skin on your S8?

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
So I started out with a Dbrand Skin and decided to get a Mighty Skin. Both of my skins are Red and my Dbrand is carbon fiber. Anyone else using a skin. Post a picture of your skin on your phone. Here is a pic of mine. I rarely use a case and the skin helps with grip.

6f59e24d19b80eda61149e2ef677218c.jpg

krishnansasikumar

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
I had used dbrand skin on the iPhone 6s when I had it for 3 weeks. Didn't really like the look and feel of it. didn't help with the grip at all.

Looked very different from what the site showed. Using a thin Spigen case on the S8 now.

Armeniandave

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
I'm using a dbrand black skin on the back but I also have a case on it. I always put a skin on to protect it from scratches caused by stuff getting in between the case and the phone.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
I got this one too with the rhinoshield bumper. It buckles a bit at the bottom, but not horribly.
How's that rhino shield. I don't use a case and only have my back skin and screen protector on. I've thought about getting that rhino shield a time or two. Does it make the phone feel bulky? I like a slim sleek feeling phone which is why I don't use a case but I'm always worried that one day I'll drop it and damage my phone.

Ecm

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I've been looking at the dragon skin. How do you like it? What kind of texture is that on it. Is it smooth to the touch? I like that.

No, it's a rougher texture than the dbrand carbon fiber (i have that, too). I grabbed it since it seemed to give the most grip. IMHO, it looked the best with the black device, as well.

[Don't tell anyone, but one of the other Mod's has the dbrand dragon skin -- on the dove grey S8+ with the metallic sides. When we had them side-by-side, mine looked much better.]

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
No, it's a rougher texture than the dbrand carbon fiber (i have that, too). I grabbed it since it seemed to give the most grip. IMHO, it looked the best with the black device, as well.

[Don't tell anyone, but one of the other Mod's has the dbrand dragon skin -- on the dove grey S8+ with the metallic sides. When we had them side-by-side, mine looked much better.]
Lol. Now you have me interested in getting one. What colors do they come in? My S8 is the Acrtic Silver but you'd never know as I've had a skin on it since day one and the same for a front screen protector. I just changed the screen protector actually a couple days ago as I was in Walmart and saw one made by ONN. It's the best screen protector I've had yet for the S8. I didn't like the tempered glass ones and this one is a thick liquid type skin that comes with already curved edges and it fits perfectly. Covers the entire screen and sticks great. No lifting anywhere. It's only 9.99. Here is a pic of the what I got.

c64f6d08308ad9480e8d15d5cba55783.jpg

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
I was thinking about doing Dbrand skins. However I do not want to cover up the color of my phone lol.
You'd like having one. I just like the color Red so I have two skins. One that's on mine now is just a bright Red color and I also have a Red carbon fiber skin that I use from time to time. I might try one of those dragon skins they posted on here though after reading what they said about it having a good grip. Plus the skin will keep your phone looking brand new protecting it from scratches. I don't use a case so a skin was a must for me. The phone is too slippery without one on it. It gives your phone an entirely different look too. You should try one. I have a dbrand and the one I am using now is a Mighty Skin. I've used Mighty Skin in the past plus I happen to like the shade of Red color they make. In the past when I've used cases most all of mine are Red lol. I have a few blue ones too. I'm also thinking about ordering an orange dbrand skin too. I like the color pop though. They have a bunch of different styles and colors to choose from. Dbrand is the most popular but take a look at Mighty Skins. They have a ton to choose from too plus they are a little cheaper than dbrand. Dbrand seems a little thick to me where Mighty Skins are a bit thinner. It definitely gives it a different look and a much better grip.

Ev C

Dec 2, 2015
Visit site
Slickwraps. Got sick of dbrand. Other than the dragon skin they have had the same skins for like 5 years. They need to make new skins more often.

Attachments

• 1940463865.jpg
    1940463865.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 13

Ecm

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Lol. Now you have me interested in getting one. What colors do they come in? My S8 is the Acrtic Silver but you'd never know as I've had a skin on it since day one and the same for a front screen protector. I just changed the screen protector actually a couple days ago as I was in Walmart and saw one made by ONN. It's the best screen protector I've had yet for the S8. I didn't like the tempered glass ones and this one is a thick liquid type skin that comes with already curved edges and it fits perfectly. Covers the entire screen and sticks great. No lifting anywhere. It's only 9.99. Here is a pic of the what I got.

The dragon is that one colour only, at least the last time I checked the website.

Screen protector? I've had Ghost Armor on mine for over 3 months. Wraps the edges nicely. No lift here either, despite about a 15 minute bath in the lake.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
The dragon is that one colour only, at least the last time I checked the website.

Screen protector? I've had Ghost Armor on mine for over 3 months. Wraps the edges nicely. No lift here either, despite about a 15 minute bath in the lake.
Ouch! What happened to get it in the lake for that long? No damage? That's quite a while to be under water.

I wish they made a Red dragon skin. I'd get one in a heartbeat.

Ecm

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Ouch! What happened to get it in the lake for that long? No damage? That's quite a while to be under water.

I wish they made a Red dragon skin. I'd get one in a heartbeat.

Took me a while to find it. Maybe an orange skin would have been better at that particular time...

Ziich47

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
I have the matte black d brand skin which is nice. I also ordered the natural leather skin from slickwraps. (Took forever to get here and customer service is crap)

johnriii

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
The rhinoshield bumper actually works great, especially with the skin. Make sure on amazon you get the "updated " version, as it fits much better than the older one. I have both, and they really improved button feel and ease of use and fit of phone in the bumper. It is quite expensive, but Erica Griffin on youtube has a serious drop test video, it's the real deal. Oh yeah, with the skin, put the bumper on from top to bottom, it will minimize any bunching of the skin at the bottom part of the phone. I think it's a great combination, I've used zero cases since I got these two together.