Best Android >> iOS video chat app ??

anon(8312128)

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
What have you found to be the best video chat app if you use Android and the rest of your friends/family are on iOS (since FaceTime is obviously not an option).

I've been using Facebook Messenger for the simple reason, everyone is already on Facebook and you don't have to ask anyone to download an app so they can video chat with you. But Facebook Messenger video chat, in my experience, has the most God-awful video quality. Horrible.

I've heard What'sApp is good ... ? Just looking for some feedback from those of you that do Android >> iOS video chat on a regular basis.

Thanks

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Re: Best Android >> iOS video chat app ??

In general Viber manages to give a better quality. The other good thing about Viber is that it can be easily installed on an iPad.

stmax

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
I have the same problem as I have a mixed household. My wife and son and I have android and my daughters have iPhones. The daughters seem to have WhatsApp already going with other groups so that's what we went with. Seems I can't even convince my own family to download other apps like duo or even allo for chat.

Markjacklin

Aug 11, 2016
Visit site
Great thread so far. Glad to get it here. However, I am using ChatWing for my iOS device over 1 years. Overall, its working well and up to date. ChatWing also usable for iPad/iPhone too. Though I have to pay for it. But not much only $14 per month. You can try for it. lol

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
I have the same problem as I have a mixed household. My wife and son and I have android and my daughters have iPhones. The daughters seem to have WhatsApp already going with other groups so that's what we went with. Seems I can't even convince my own family to download other apps like duo or even allo for chat.

Whatsapp is probably the best of the iPhoney to Android apps for IM/Video chat. I get strange looks from my nieces when I mention Duo or Allo lol

Jackhklee

Oct 11, 2017
Visit site
Hands down, Google Duo is the greatest, it's neat, simple, professional and gorgeous... I recently came from using an iPhone for years, and loved using FaceTime, duo is the best replacement (make sure your friends have duo too to be able to video chat with them).

ABOSWORTH007

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Hands down, Google Duo is the greatest, it's neat, simple, professional and gorgeous... I recently came from using an iPhone for years, and loved using FaceTime, duo is the best replacement (make sure your friends have duo too to be able to video chat with them).

I agree. Duo is great. I used it with my wife on my business trip in August a couple months ago and it worked very well.

ecfritts

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
That was a huge deal for me when I first switched from iOS. I use WhatsApp...the video quality seems pretty good. What I also really like is I'm able to send video clips to friends & family that also have WhatsApp. Trying to send videos through regular text or email stinks. I use it a lot when traveling for work, I send my kids videos. Full disclosure, I have not tried any other apps mentioned above.

Markjacklin

Aug 11, 2016
Visit site
That was a huge deal for me when I first switched from iOS. I use WhatsApp...the video quality seems pretty good. What I also really like is I'm able to send video clips to friends & family that also have WhatsApp. Trying to send videos through regular text or email stinks. I use it a lot when traveling for work, I send my kids videos. Full disclosure, I have not tried any other apps mentioned above.

I appreciate. But for web based chat app ChatWing is the best option so far. Happy to use this one. lol

SDTRMG

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
I use duo but it's hard getting people to download it. google really should have duo built into the calling app just as facetime is on ios, it would make it a lot more mainstream instead we got a Samsung built video calling feature that has never worked for me ever.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress