Samsung cloud issues. Won't back up messages.

GavinGalaxy

Oct 26, 2017
Visit site
I've just converted from Apple (long standing fanboy) to the Samsung Galaxy S8. I dared to be different and it payed off. Absolutely loving the freedom of Android. I can't believe how much better it is.
The transfer of my data between phone was pretty good. Lost a few picture and the album's didn't entirely replicate when swapped over, but everything else was great.
The problem now is that when I try to back my messages up (they transferred over fine from the iphone) I keep getting an error and it won't back them up. I've tried deleting most of them and only keeping 12 months of correspondence (I run my business on it too) but that doesn't help either.
I get error 407 and sometimes a message flashes up saying something like "20 mms messages exceed blah blah blah"

Is this a simple fix and I'm just a dumbass newbie or is this a problem other people are having?

Any help would be genuinely appreciated..!

Shoey79

Nov 5, 2017
Visit site
Having the same issue as you...used transfer program to take all data from iOS which went fine, I then signed up Samsung cloud to have it back the phone up but fails on Messages.

I do have 22gb of messages so bought the 50gb plan...but each time it runs a backup it fails with the same errors you've seen.

So need the same help!

Gayle Lynn

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
Use your Mac or PC and Smart Switch.

Add Google to auto backup , and you can backup photos docs etc. to easily access. I also use Microsoft Office 360 to replace using iCloud.

Shoey79

Nov 5, 2017
Visit site
Thanks for replies...

Lawrie, It doesn't matter if it's auto or manual, it still fails. If Messages is unselected it works but then they are not backed up. I see exactly the same errors as OP.

Gayle, this would make the cloud backup option pointless then, I'm kinda after a seamless backup that has all that I need backed up. Whilst I can connect it to the desktop it doesn't resolve the initial issue.

Google backup is also enabled but doesn't appear to backup messages otherwise It would be complaining about lack of space.

It almost seems to me that the Samsung Cloud software isn't capable of handing imported iMessages.

Thanks

Naito91

Nov 15, 2017
Visit site
Thanks for replies...

Lawrie, It doesn't matter if it's auto or manual, it still fails. If Messages is unselected it works but then they are not backed up. I see exactly the same errors as OP.

Gayle, this would make the cloud backup option pointless then, I'm kinda after a seamless backup that has all that I need backed up. Whilst I can connect it to the desktop it doesn't resolve the initial issue.

Google backup is also enabled but doesn't appear to backup messages otherwise It would be complaining about lack of space.

It almost seems to me that the Samsung Cloud software isn't capable of handing imported iMessages.

Thanks

Same problem, looked all over and cannot find a solution to this yet, but it just makes me hate apple more for being incompatible with everything but apple

But my OCD is going mad, that one thing wont back up, and I don't know why and I'm get up of it, someone please solve this

Pip7323

Feb 11, 2018
Visit site
I had the same issue. I solved it by backing up my phone on my laptop using Smartswitch software. Then wiping the phone and restore the back up. The messages database cleaned itself up and Samsung cloud started backing them up.

JumboIncredible

Feb 1, 2018
Visit site
I had the same issue. I solved it by backing up my phone on my laptop using Smartswitch software. Then wiping the phone and restore the back up. The messages database cleaned itself up and Samsung cloud started backing them up.

Thanks! for Those who don't know how to do this here's how

Connect your old Android device to your computer using a USB cable.
On the Smart Switch screen, click MORE.
Click Preferences and then click the Backup items tab.
Select the content types you would like to back up and then click OK.
Click Backup on the main Smart Switch screen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty